“even better than last time”
Review of Argyll Hotel

Argyll Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have just returned from our third visit to this wonderful hotel . Dev and his team provide once again an excepdional level of customer care .AS i have worked in this enviroment for thirty three years myself on customer service i would award Dev and his team ten out of ten The food was also excellant.The room was spotlless and wonderful veiw.I would like to thank Dev once again for a most friendly welcome from we arrived until we left So much so we are going back in March this time eight of us for Spying Tonight there latest murder mystery.

Thanks again dev
MARGARET and DAVID MCNALLY.
ROOM 114

Room Tip: Request a sea veiw
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavour to give to all our valued guests. We will make sure that your comments are shared to all the Staff. The positive ratings you gave us on Trip advisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 01369 702059 or please email me at dev.surya@sgehotels.com

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Best Western Hotel Argyll Dunoon.

There are newer reviews for Argyll Hotel

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in the ideally situated Argyll Hotel at the bottom of the high street in Dunoon. We were welcomed by friendly, effficient staff, who went out of their way to make you feel special. The food was excellent, with a great selection of Scottish and Indian meals served in the bar or formal dining room but with a very relaxed atmosphere. In the beautifully modern Italian restaurant, also in the hotel, we had a superb meal on the Saturday Night, with the friendly and efficient staff attending to our every need, even including a birthday candle with my desert. All this and excellent value as well. We will definitely be back. Thank you for a great weekend.

1  Thank Jean K
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. All feedback we receive is greatly appreciated and we endeavour to make everyone’s stay here with us as pleasurable as possible.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from our 2nd visit to the Argyll Hotel. Had an amazing chilled out weekend. Staff all lovely ( particularly Chloe who served us in the Rio resteraunt) . She is a great asset to the hotel. Food as always was amazing,I couldn't decide between pizza and pasta and the chef very kindly made me half and half. We upgraded to the tower room (126) which is the honeymoon suite. Views are breathtaking. Staff can't do enough to make you feel welcome. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get room 126.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ate here a few weeks ago, the place is nice inside with a nice atmosphere, staff very friendly. The food was average when I visited but it could just be what I chose from the menu as someone I know went there for Christmas dinner and they thought it was really good and good value for money too. I would give it another try sometime.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

On this visit you did not had great experience about our food offering as you found festival menu
was live , its only we kept as Post chritsmas menu for 2 weeks, guest who did missed the flavour of christmas traditional dinner .

wish you a very hoppy new year .

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great room, great service and a nice view, what more can you ask for. The room was lovely and the staff were very friendly. Can definitely recommend their Christmas parties! Everything was easy from check in to departure, if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Dunoon the Argyll is ideal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan A A
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest

its being great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel and our offerings ,
your comments are very important for our business .

wishing you a very happy christmas and new year 2013

looking forward to welcome you back .
Regrds

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my weekend away with my friend in the Argyll Hotel Dunoon. The staff were so friendly and helpfull and couldn't do enough for you. The food was amazing and there was plenty of it. My room had a sea view and was spotless, I would recommend this hotel and I will certainly be back.
Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: ask for a Sea view room its lovely
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Looking forward to welcome back

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff at the Argyll Hotel are tremendous. Their very polite and helpful. I got a room at the very last minute due to some issues and the manager/owner(?) was a huge help in relieving that stress. I was in a room within 10 minutes of arrival and was helped with my luggage. The room was very clean and comfortable with a very comfortable bed and much needed tea and coffee. I will happily be going back there should I ever need a hotel again and will highly recommend the Argyll Hotel to visitors of Dunoon, it is in the perfect place for tourists as it is right in the town centre. The room was also a very reasonable price and it was well worth the money.

Room Tip: Dunoon is a quiet enough place, I feel like it'll be the same at all sides of the hotel, its not...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

seasonal greetings from we at Argyll Hotel to you and your family .
looking forward to welcome back

Regards