“Excellent. Exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to order again.”

Bangladesh Tandoori
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Dunoon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I come to Dunoon every so often to stay in the family caravan at Hunter's Quay. I had been advised that the Bangladesh Tandoori deliver right to your caravan door which sounded like a brilliant service. I popped into the restaurant on a Saturday at the end of September during the day for a menu and was really impressed by the friendly and professional welcome I received. (I also really liked the look of the restaurant's interior- very smart, up to date and comfortable looking) That evening I phoned in my order and was absolutely delighted with the quality of the food I received. It was by far and away the best Indian meal I've eaten for years. I ordered vegetable pakora, lamb Kathmandu, boiled rice and garlic naan, and they provided a poppadom and sauces with my order, and right to the caravan door by a lovely delivery man. Can't wait for my next visit to Dunoon and I will definitely be either in the restaurant or ordering from the caravan. Looking forward to trying out different dishes on the menu. Well done, Bangladesh Tandoori!

There are newer reviews for Bangladesh Tandoori

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I haven't eaten here since it was The Point (and excellent)! But had heard good things. Tried a take-away a few nights ago. Very disappointed. Though I have to say the man who took my order and also then gave my food was absolutely lovely, really polite and so helpful. But the food was not good. Maybe I've been spoilt by the delights of the big and great Glasgow 'curry houses'? But all of the dishes we ordered from the Bangladesh looked so similar. And tasted similar too. The overwhelming spice was chilli. The chicken pakoras were my particular disaster - they were small strips of deep fried, flavourless chicken that could have come from a KFC on a bad night - just plain batter, no gram flour in sight.

Really a bit disappointed - if the food can be brought up to the standard of the staff and the great interior then I'll be happy!

2  Thank Dunoon1
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was my absolute pleasure to have a home delivery meal from the Bangladesh Tandoori tonight. For the first time in my life I phoned the restaurant afterwards to personally thank the chef for this meal. I ordered a King Prawn Puri and a chicken Biryani and 2 chapatis. As a complete indian food lover, this meal stands head and shoulders above any that I have had in this country. I can honestly recommend that you try this restaurant and enjoy the same high standard of cooking and obvious skill and attention that is put into their cooking. My thanks, Rab @ Hunters Quay

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Went on sat night had a fantastic meal staff are 100% on the ball the Restraunt was well presented and clean and tidy. I will recommend to my friends as the menu was well presented and explained . See you soon

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited the Bangladesh Tandoori with my friend who was over visiting, this is my favourite place to dine in dunoon, the service is always great and the food is wonderful, I highly recommend this restraunt as the staff and the place can not be faulted. Definately a place to take the family! Wonderful. The buffet is my favourite part, lots of selection and ideal for a Sunday! Thank you :)