“Nowhere else like it in Dunoon”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saffron Restaurant DunoonNewly Launched Saffron Dunoon sits centrally on Argyll Street and is a chic modern restaurant that offers a range of dining options in an environment that is quoted as being 'that little bit special'.The restaurant has the feel of an upmarket city bistro offering a premium selection of dine-in and takeaway dishes on an Indian and Far Eastern theme. The first half of the menu features a mouth-watering selection of Far Eastern Favourites from Sweet and Sour to Oyster Sauce and Thai Curry, every dish has been carefully selected.Whilst on the other half of the menu the chefs have created a tantalizing selection of Indian Cuisine but with the lighter 'Saffron Twist' that this restaurant is renowned for. The restaurant operates a very popular Two-course lunch special at £7.95 And as well as the a la carte menu for lunch and dinner. Puddings are all home-made and the selection is displayed on the dessert board. Saffron also offer a wide range of their exquisite Indian & Far Eastern dishes as part of their Takeaway Menu Service, with a Set Meal for 2 available at £20.90 (Delivery service extra).
dunoon
“Nowhere else like it in Dunoon”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I live locally and have tried every restaurant in Dunoon and in other outlying areas of Argyll. However I have never ever been disappointed when eating out in this restaurant. Yes I know the owner but I still get the same attentive service as other diners receive which can only be described as excellent. The food is always piping hot and the portions and flavours are perfect. If your looking for good food, service and value when visiting Dunoon then I would recommend that you visit this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013

Innellan, United Kingdom
“A Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed our meal at the Cinnamon Rooms. We had a sharing plate of Thai food as
a starter followed by a Thai noodle dish for her and venison on haggis for me. This last sounded like a nice idea. It was beautifully cooked (the venison was pink) and very tasty. The only downside was that the sauce was a bit sweet and sickly, but to be fair, still very pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow
“Definitely worth a return visit”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Me and my husband popped into this great restaurant for lunch. It was £7.25 for 2 courses. The food was lovely and everything was really fresh. My mushroom and garlic penne pasta was the best I have had in ages, and my husband said his beer battered haddock was delicious. The owner told us the fish was locally sourced. The sweets on the blackboard were unbelievably tempting, but because it was just lunch time we had no room. The owner was lovely and friendly. looking forward to a return visit when I am back in March.

2 Thank Christina1965
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Tardis Like ?”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Cinnamon Rooms is slightly Tardis like, too look at from the outside you would never guess that it's a lot bigger inside, still not huge though, but very nicely decorated and lit inside. Nice decorative touches on the tables and clean.

The food is very good and I found it difficult to choose from all of the tasty sounding dishes on the menu. Very nice food, good quality and quantity. Presentation excellent, what more can I say, top marks !!!

Only very slight downside, and I mean very slight, is that the staff are perhaps a little over attentive for my liking, there is no need to apologise every time they come to the table. The Service was, however, quick and the staff are all very pleasant.

Nice dining experience, looking forward to the next one at the Cinnamon rooms.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nothing short of excellent!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a visitor to Dunoon, the Cinnamon Rooms were recommended to us as somewhere intimate and friendly to go for dinner and we were not disappointed. The menu was varied with a good variety of specials sourcing local produce from Loch Fyne. Choosing was difficult as we wanted to try everything!
When our food arrived, we were not disappointed. It was cooked to perfection and the portion sizes were exactly right. My only small comment would be that perhaps the waiting staff are a little intrusive but I can imagine getting this right is difficult. There really is no need to apologise each time the table requires attention!!

I will most definitely be back (there's a whole menu to get through!)and will definitely recommend this little gem to anyone who finds themselves in Dunoon. Thank you for a lovely evening.

1 Thank MsMoneypenny248