“Tardis Like ?”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saffron Restaurant DunoonNewly Launched Saffron Dunoon sits centrally on Argyll Street and is a chic modern restaurant that offers a range of dining options in an environment that is quoted as being 'that little bit special'.The restaurant has the feel of an upmarket city bistro offering a premium selection of dine-in and takeaway dishes on an Indian and Far Eastern theme. The first half of the menu features a mouth-watering selection of Far Eastern Favourites from Sweet and Sour to Oyster Sauce and Thai Curry, every dish has been carefully selected.Whilst on the other half of the menu the chefs have created a tantalizing selection of Indian Cuisine but with the lighter 'Saffron Twist' that this restaurant is renowned for. The restaurant operates a very popular Two-course lunch special at £7.95 And as well as the a la carte menu for lunch and dinner. Puddings are all home-made and the selection is displayed on the dessert board. Saffron also offer a wide range of their exquisite Indian & Far Eastern dishes as part of their Takeaway Menu Service, with a Set Meal for 2 available at £20.90 (Delivery service extra).
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Cinnamon Rooms is slightly Tardis like, too look at from the outside you would never guess that it's a lot bigger inside, still not huge though, but very nicely decorated and lit inside. Nice decorative touches on the tables and clean.

The food is very good and I found it difficult to choose from all of the tasty sounding dishes on the menu. Very nice food, good quality and quantity. Presentation excellent, what more can I say, top marks !!!

Only very slight downside, and I mean very slight, is that the staff are perhaps a little over attentive for my liking, there is no need to apologise every time they come to the table. The Service was, however, quick and the staff are all very pleasant.

Nice dining experience, looking forward to the next one at the Cinnamon rooms.

There are newer reviews for Saffron

Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a visitor to Dunoon, the Cinnamon Rooms were recommended to us as somewhere intimate and friendly to go for dinner and we were not disappointed. The menu was varied with a good variety of specials sourcing local produce from Loch Fyne. Choosing was difficult as we wanted to try everything!
When our food arrived, we were not disappointed. It was cooked to perfection and the portion sizes were exactly right. My only small comment would be that perhaps the waiting staff are a little intrusive but I can imagine getting this right is difficult. There really is no need to apologise each time the table requires attention!!

I will most definitely be back (there's a whole menu to get through!)and will definitely recommend this little gem to anyone who finds themselves in Dunoon. Thank you for a lovely evening.

1  Thank MsMoneypenny248
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Cinnamon Rooms while on a weekend away in Dunoon, choosing this restaurant due to the reviews on TA.

The restaurant itself was quite cold due to the current weather, and there was a problem with the front door which meant it didn't close properly! Other than that, it was a really welcoming interior with nice music.

Onto the food...:
I had the fish chowder for starters, which was filled with huge prawns and scallops and fish. It was lovely - very creamy, so don't count your calories! My husband had the scallops which were delicious.

The main was the disappointment for me. I ordered from the "East" side if the menu, chicken satay. The sauce was far too "peanuty", it was like it was made with a jar if peanut butter! Far top thick, heavy and sickly. I scraped a lot of the sauce off. The side salad and dressing was lovely. My husband loved his main course. Venison with a haggis potato cake. It was great, nice flavours and a good portion size.

The highlight was by far the dessert! Graeme had the raspberry and white chocolate creme brûlée and I had a pear and pecan crumble with fig ice cream. I can't explain how fantastic they were! So if you are going, ensure you keep space for a sweet!

The staff were lovely, and the meal was £90 including service (this was including only soft drinks).

Overall, a really good restaurant with a fantastic dessert menu and attentive staff.

1  Thank Gill0707
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Having already read the reviews thought I've just driven 430 miles and can't wait to give it a go. Was I dissapointed? Absolutely not!! We arrived to an empty restaurant but was welcomed in out of the cold & fog with a warm smile & welcome. I started with the Stornaway black pudding spring rolls then an absolute fantastic steak. So much food i struggled to finish and even turned down a dessert(a first). So if your ever in the area you must not miss out on this Oasis.

1  Thank Mike I
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Attended this restraunt on Christmas day with my friends,and had the best ever Christmas Dinner.The menue was mouth watering,and the food was superbly cooked.the service was exellent,from start to finnish.We will be back next year

3  Thank hevernage