“Great Place to Stay”
Review of The Anchorage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
The Anchorage B&B
Ranked #3 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in the Heron room at the start of our two week Highland tour. The location is excellent, the view over Holy Loch wonderful, the house and rooms are clean, warm, comfortable and styled to a very high standard. Richard and his family are lovely hosts and Richard could not do enough for us. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank philip m

Reviewed March 20, 2012

There was nothing at all that I would change about the anchorage b&b. It was home from home. We stayed in the oystercatcher room for 1 night. Beds were clean & comfy with good quality bed linen, walls pained in farrow & ball paint (I asked as I liked the colour!) the shower was the most powerful I think I have ever used! Breakfast was fabulous & Richard the owner couldn't have been more helpful. We were made so welcome as was our 8 month old daughter. Perfect, 5 stars. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank CGreaves
Reviewed March 11, 2012

stayed for 7 days while on buisiness .warm friendly welcome lovely rooms super breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank stuart1936
Reviewed January 22, 2012

What a great find (thanks Trip advisor). I arrived on a cold wet January night to discover their heating had been broken and was only just repaired. The owner was friendly and welcoming and immediately dashed off to get a fan heater to warm my room up. (Was soon warm and cosy) The room was beautiful with a huge sleigh bed and views over Holy Loch and lovely spotless bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries). Breakfast was also delicious, a real notch above the usual with home made fruit salad and greek yoghurt on offer as well as free range scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Heron room has a huge bed and fantastic views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank marvellous_mum
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Anchoridge for two nights as I had a job interview locally. We stayed in the only available room, the twin. We were not disappointed!

We were met by a very warm welcome from the proprietor, Richard and taken to our room. The room itself was exceptionally clean and furnished to a superb level. There was lots of room and views to both the front (overlooking Holy Loch) and the back (overlooking beautiful gardens) of the property.

We had a wonderful full Scottish breakfast on both mornings that kept us going until dinner time.

Richard couldn't do enough for us but was not at all intrusive as some B&B owners can be.

We are planning a return visit soon.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Sappho_UK
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my sister and the owner, Richard, couldn't have been more helpful. He was so obliging by giving us a lift to our cousins house and also collected us from the ferry on arrival and taking us to the ferry when we left. The room we stayed in overlooked the water and was extremely comfortable. We had a beautiful breakfast both mornings and I would have no hesitation recommending this b&b to any future guests.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank p0ttyd0tty
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Anchorage whilst up in Dunoon for a wedding last year. Yes you read right - last year (August I recall). So why bother to review this B&B after all this time I hear you ask? Simply put - because I should have always done it. This alone is proof of my conviction that such a great stay deserves an equally great review.

We had the Heron room with the double bed and glorious view of the waterfront. The weather was quite windy out but the B&B was cosy, belying the cooler temperature beyond the door. Richard was an amazing host. He even drove us over to a starting point to commence a walk along the ridge behind the built up area for a ramble to Dunoon proper. There is also free WiFi so you can remain connected during your stay if you want. Breakfast was also very good and as far as B&Bs go, we though it was good value for money.

If you need a place to stay in this area look no further. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get the Heron room if possible as it is the best one.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple