“Top quality B&B, tasteful and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Anchorage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
The Anchorage B&B
Ranked #2 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
Perth, Scotland
“Top quality B&B, tasteful and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

What a great find (thanks Trip advisor). I arrived on a cold wet January night to discover their heating had been broken and was only just repaired. The owner was friendly and welcoming and immediately dashed off to get a fan heater to warm my room up. (Was soon warm and cosy) The room was beautiful with a huge sleigh bed and views over Holy Loch and lovely spotless bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries). Breakfast was also delicious, a real notch above the usual with home made fruit salad and greek yoghurt on offer as well as free range scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Heron room has a huge bed and fantastic views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank marvellous_mum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Anchoridge for two nights as I had a job interview locally. We stayed in the only available room, the twin. We were not disappointed!

We were met by a very warm welcome from the proprietor, Richard and taken to our room. The room itself was exceptionally clean and furnished to a superb level. There was lots of room and views to both the front (overlooking Holy Loch) and the back (overlooking beautiful gardens) of the property.

We had a wonderful full Scottish breakfast on both mornings that kept us going until dinner time.

Richard couldn't do enough for us but was not at all intrusive as some B&B owners can be.

We are planning a return visit soon.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Sappho_UK
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my sister and the owner, Richard, couldn't have been more helpful. He was so obliging by giving us a lift to our cousins house and also collected us from the ferry on arrival and taking us to the ferry when we left. The room we stayed in overlooked the water and was extremely comfortable. We had a beautiful breakfast both mornings and I would have no hesitation recommending this b&b to any future guests.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank p0ttyd0tty
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Anchorage whilst up in Dunoon for a wedding last year. Yes you read right - last year (August I recall). So why bother to review this B&B after all this time I hear you ask? Simply put - because I should have always done it. This alone is proof of my conviction that such a great stay deserves an equally great review.

We had the Heron room with the double bed and glorious view of the waterfront. The weather was quite windy out but the B&B was cosy, belying the cooler temperature beyond the door. Richard was an amazing host. He even drove us over to a starting point to commence a walk along the ridge behind the built up area for a ramble to Dunoon proper. There is also free WiFi so you can remain connected during your stay if you want. Breakfast was also very good and as far as B&Bs go, we though it was good value for money.

If you need a place to stay in this area look no further. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get the Heron room if possible as it is the best one.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

As a young traveler staying in accommodation can be quite daunting! However, this is not so at the Anchorage B&B! I stayed here for the first time in 2010 and Richard was very welcome and encouraging. As I had come down from Inverness (after just recently arriving from Australia) to dance at the world championships Richard was very encouraging and took quite an interest into how my dancing went and as what i was doing in my life!

The rooms are lovely and the beds are very comfortable! The showers are lovely. The breakfasts were ample. As I don't eat very much (I only had Bacon, Sausage and black pudding) Richard was concerned it wouldn't be enough to fill me and kept offering more food!

My second stay was just as pleasant! I stayed for longer this time as I with my parents and we did a bit of traveling. My parents couldnt stay as the house was full but Richard was just as welcoming with my parents and very helpful in planning our trip to Loch Lomond and our return trip to glasgow!

I would highly recommend this B&B and I will be returning again next year when I travel down for the Cowal Highland games!

Room Tip: Book early!!! The front rooms are nicer as the view is better but I have stayed in two different roo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed for one night on my tour of Argyll & Bute. Great view from Heron room. Richard was very welcoming & helpful. Breakfast excellent and large. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have a great view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights in September at The Anchorage. When we booked the owner said only the Garden Room was available and it was their smallest room - so we knew what to expect. As it turned out, the room was larger than we had imagined, but the place in general was no where near as good as the reviews led us to believe. The entrance is through a large, gloomy, rather scruffy vestibule. The whole house seems rather dimly lit. Our room was clean, but red woollen throws on the beds made it look very uninviting. There was not much storage space - a sort of coat rack was pushed down the side of the bed, but it had no hangers so there was nowhere to hang anything up The contraption that worked the toilet flush was extremely noisy and caused water to bubble up in the shower! To make a cup of coffee (no biscuits provided) the kettle had to be put on the floor and I had to move a set of drawers slightly to find the floor level plug. On arrival we had to ask for a toilet roll, the television did not work and the window was extremely difficult to close. To be fair the owner sorted all these problems out promptly. We had stopped at a few B and B's in the previous days and this one was the most expensive, but the least satisfactory. The breakfast was nice without being exceptional. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs were ok, but the portions were small and we were not offered anything to accompany them. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was reasonable. the host was quite friendly, but, given the reviews, we were rather disappointed. Other B and B's try a lot harder. Maybe the front rooms are magnificent - we'll never know.

Room Tip: Choose a front room with a view of the loch, not the Garden Room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple