“Wow! Simply idyllic!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
Hollytrees Holiday Cottages
Edinburgh
“Wow! Simply idyllic!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've always been a little sceptical of TripAdvisor but after watching a programme on C4 I felt it important to register and give praise where praise is due.

My only difficulty is in expressing what a fabulous place HollyTrees cottages are to stay - I have been there a few times now and absolutely loved every minute of it - where I was there with family (with both young & older children) or friends. It is a place where I actually don't mind when the weather is bad as it is such a relaxing place to be.

Both cottages are fully equipped and remembering that all you really need to bring are a change of clothes and some food takes a little getting used to.

It's a wonderful place to stay regardless of the time of year you are planning of going.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed at this hotel with my family for a Murder Mystery weekend (twice), we had booked two rooms and they were all very clean and modern. I was particular about the bathroom as in every hotel I stay but I felt very comfortable as it was spotless and very modern. The cleaning staff are very friendly.
The bar area is very traditional with lovely sea views, very cosy and comfortable. It can get busy and sometimes cant get a seat but the staff were always on hand to help out with seats. The first night dinner (friday) was superb none of this fussy food just great grub, the entertainment started that evening and the actors were excellent really got us going, It was all very on your edge of the seat stuff without giving away the whole gist.

The nest day breakfast was very filling from a traditional fry up to Haddock and eggs (extra charge of £4.50) and as much tea/coffee and toast as you want and the service was great, Mary the waitress been working in the hotel for 20 years (we first met mary 9 years ago when we popped in for lunch all these years back) she is a real gem of a lady and deserves a mention she is the back bone of the front of house operation of this hotel in my opinion, During the day we went for the treasure hunt through out the town and foun places that I never new existed and we have been holidaying here for 9 years, We had a right ball during the day, and bought a take away lunch from the Three in One across the road from the hotel and sat opposite the band stand and enjoyed it in the sun.

The Saturday evening was the grand finale with a great dinner and murder on the cards. It was all very unexpected and jump from your seat stuff, they had the guests doing all sorts fully involved all night. I really enjoyed and would recommend the murder Mystery weekend to anybody. we have done two of these weekends The spy weekend and the haunted hotel (with a paranormal investigator and a medium Carol Stirling) we will defo be going to another theme weekend the next time as it really adds the extra part onto your break, special thanks to Mary for all her stories and just being well Mary, and the Walking Theatre Company who are brilliant at what they do, superb hotel and staff

see you all soon

Kevin, Sandra & Staci

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Holidymaker2010
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2009

My wife and young family and I have stayed at the cottages twice over the last few years but this is my first review. It's a great mix of modernity and that feeling of a cosy highland cottage. A real home from home and perfect for a weekend away, or longer, as a base to explore Argyle and the West Highlands. Lots to do nearby. I have recommended it to friends who have also enjoyed stating there.

• Stayed August 2010
Glasvegas77
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We have now stayed twice in Holly Trees Cottages and both are immaculate and very well serviced.
We are looking forward to going back next year and would recommend the cottages to anyone who is considering the west coast of Scotland.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends