All reviews swimming pool hot tub soft play hunters quay bar and grill active team play area kids entertainment arcade games premier lodge bedroom lodge shop on site great family break main building changing area leisure centre steam room
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Hunters Quay for the first time this month as a weekend getaway with my 2 young daughters and my daughters friend. The caravan park was nice enough, caravan clean to a good standard - not immaculate, there were a few things I thought could be cleaner.

Nothing is free to do except swimming, even the small soft play area on site has extra charges! There is an outdoor play/climb area located within the main building but there are no swing parks etc in the actual caravan park.

One terrible experience ruined our weekend though, on the second day I took the girls swimming but did not go into the pool with them, instead I sat on the chairs at the side to supervise them, barefoot. I was approached by a young life guard asking if I could go and get changed into shorts! Apparently outdoor clothes are not allowed pool side due to bacteria... the life guard then went to get his supervisor who asked if I had other clothes I could change into (I was wearing a vest top and jeans), I explained that I did not have shorts but had a dress back in the caravan. She said the dress would be ok! So I was expected to take the 3 kids out of the pool, get dried etc and go back to caravan to get changed then return to the pool (it was also heavy rain outside). I explained that I had worn the dress the day previously so it would be more of a “bacteria” risk than the clean jeans I had put on that morning! The manager then came, he could not justify their ridiculous rules or the fact that there is no signage to say No outdoor clothes at the pool side, but insisted I must change into shorts and they could supply me a pair! At this point I was very upset, and he questioned if I would be swimming with the kids the next day - for personal reasons no I wasn’t. It was an absolute joke, harassment of a mom innocently sitting poolside watching her kids. I bet if I was sitting poolside in a Hijab nobody would say anything, but jeans are not allowed!
The previous day their had been swimming lessons on at the pool and the parents were poolside in their normal clothes without anybody batting an eyelid.
An absolute joke.

Back to Center Parcs from now on!

Trip type: Traveled with family
argyllholidays001, General Manager at Hunters Quay Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi,

Just wanted to feedback on this as we did also respond to email clarifying the reasons for the requirement to be in pool suitable clothing. Children under the age of 12 require adult supervision whilst in the water. This is because the adult is responsible for the childs safety and behaviour. We do not consider jeans to be suitable clothing for entering a swimming pool and therefore have a rule that if you are not planning on being in the water you are required to still be suitably clothed should you need to enter the water. You had three children under twelve in the water so in this case close supervision would be considered necessary.

I accepted your point that we did not have specific signage on this issue however the team are responsible for the overall safety of all swimmers and we respectfully request their rules to be adhered to. There was certainly no intention to cause harassment and my offer to provide you with shorts was a way to solve the issue. In the end it made more sense to leave you and ask the lifeguard team to keep a specific close eye on your swimmers.

I'm not sure of the insinuation regarding a hijab? Anybody not entering the water would be accountable to the same rule regardless of ethnicity.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from another relaxing week at Hunter's Quay Holiday Village. We have been holidaying here since 1988 and have never been disappointed with the Lodges we have stayed in or the facilities available. Our Lodge was clean, comfortable and cosy. We find the staff friendly, helpful and welcoming. The views from the Lodge balcony are stunning, the morning mist on the hills above the Holy Loch and at the end of a sunny day the sparkle on the Holy Loch. It is a holiday centre for all ages and those families who have a dog are welcome to bring their pet on holiday with them! We are looking forward to 2020 and our 32nd holiday break at Hunter's Quay Holiday Village.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Lovely resort with chalet style lodges and caravans. Stayed in two twin bed chalet with views of the Loch.
Hot tub on decking, chalet was well appointed with stylish furnishings and impeccably clean.
Many lively scenic trips in the vicinity.
Complex has swimming pools, activity area, sauna, bar and grill, shop on site.
Highly recommended Sept 2019.

1  Thank DOENO27
Reviewed August 23, 2019

We were staying close by and paid to use the swimming pool as guests. The swimming pool and changing rooms were really clean and the kids loved it. Although the price for swimming was quite high you can then get money of in the restaurant. We had a great lunch with plenty of choice and great customer service. We all really enjoyed our visit.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019

We visit the bar and grill weekly, after a couple of hours in the kids play area and entertainment lounge. As ever the staff are all of an extremely high standard, but one member of staff excels above all his name is Peter... He was our waiter on the last few visits and then again today where he made us all feel extremely welcome. He was very attentive and helpful.. Joked with the kids and offered specials when we couldn't see the board. He is a valuable member of your staff and we always look forward to seeing him as the boys and my wife just smile from ear to ear when he attends our table.

Date of stay: August 2019