“The best cream teas...”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The best cream teas you can get are in Godshill. And this is up there with the best of them. You can't go to Isle of Wight, and not go to Godshill and have a cream tea. Amazing and delicious!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

beautiful setting and lovely gardens in a picturesque village. It was a sunny day too so we had all the ingredients for an amazing holiday cream tea... except... we sat at our table for ages before anyone came over. When our order was finally taken the staff were very sweet and helpful. It was just a shame when our cream tea arrived and a scone was presented with an individual clotted cream snap pot and a similar one with jam. I always feel a bit cheated when it arrives like a meal from a plane... it lost its special feeling at that point. Taste wise it was ok hence average rating

1  Thank Beverly S
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We went after visiting the model village, bacon and Brie baguettes with a side of crisps and salad, did not try but the cream teas looked lovely! Very good value for money

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

This place is caught in a time warp....
Dirty plates on tables. When I asked the waitress taking our order to clear them she replied it was not her job. They were still there when we left.
Cream tea was ok but packaged jam, butter and cream. Not even Island cream. It could of been so much better. Asked to pay the waitress before food came out.
Inside dated and tired.
Notices all around about not touching the umbrella's.....
Staff in gift shop ignored my 6yr son who was trying to buy a toy.
Too busy chatting to themselves and looked not much older than him.
Second visit but will be the last as nothing improves.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and ordered a tea cake, a crab sandwich. I personally suffer from wheat intolerance so lunch can be difficult. Imagine my delight when I saw gluten free bread, cobs, scones and cakes! I decided to have a coronation chicken crusty roll. One word - fabulous! It was soft in the middle and crispy on the edge and tasted like bread with a wonderful filling. There was a nice side salad and a bag of GF crisps. I was told the chicken might not be GF which was a bonus. If the rest of the GF menu is like that sandwich, happy days!