“Good choice of freshly cooked Chinese food”
Review of Kalala Restaurant

Kalala Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 248 Restaurants in Folkestone
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A nice restaurant with a good choice of foods- very nice.
The only down side to the restaurant were the toilet facilities which were poor and quite dirty.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a bloody lovely experience, we got some complementary Jagermisters from the chef, this was bloody lovely. The chef chopped up duck infront of us, that bloody loevly. We sat down and my freind christian needed a to use a bathroom. He also said "Hello Girls" to a bloody good looking girl. Anyway in terms of the meal, It was quite nice, I was dissapointed however upon discovering that they had no bloody fug rulls. All are drinks were on the house beacuse "we were a nice bunch of bloody lads". Great value for money, and a bloody good experince. Bloody hell

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had been before and it had been good.
This time the food seemed old. Staples like rice and noodles should have been dumped. String them once and a while makes no odds. It spoiled the meal.
It was only bad value because it was bad food.
The buffet needs to be managed better. The staff were good

1  Thank MartinB186338
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I should start by making it clear that I ate here on a regular basis towards the end of last year and really enjoyed it. It was based on that past history that I visited again on this trip to Folkestone. We arrived around 19:00, a party of three, and the place was fairly quiet - which in a buffet style restaurant is never great as it means food can be sat a while. However, the food on offer on this evening had the temperature, texture and taste that alluded to it having been there since lunch time. It was about as bad as it gets. We were in a Chinese restaurant and even complaining about the dry and crunchy rice. The noodles were cold and the quality in general just didn't live up to a previously ok reputation... We tried many of 10's of dishes on offer between us and couldn't find anything to be happy about until it came to the ice cream and jelly to wrap up with. If I could offer any advice then it'd be that I would have been happier to have less than half the vast selection on offer and have known that it was of a good, fresh quality. I'm afraid this one poor visit might be enough for a previously regular customer to never visit again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was recommended to this place, so I felt confident it would be good, but I'm afraid I was very disappointed. On Saturday night it's more expensive, however the food was luke warm, the plates are cold to start with so really your eating chinese style food almost cold.