“Never disappointed with premier” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Folkestone
Newlyn, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed with premier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay at many premier inns but Folkestone channel tunnel takes some beating, the staff have to be the best any can have. I realised my mistake and should have booked a downstairs room as I have limited mobility. They had already carried my luggage up for me. They then came and offered to change my room which I refused as I was only there for one night. I went next door for the evening meal and was made feel welcome by the girl on the reservation desk as I was alone. She put me near to her so that I wouldn't feel conspicuous as a lone lady diner. Hotel clean comfy warm and welcoming all for £30 congrats premier it's a winner. I will definitely always book there whenever possible and so handy for the tunnel. Win win all round.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Good location and friendly staff, however my room (70) needed a little face lift. The windows were whistling with the wind. The breakfast was not great. Very convenient for Eurotunnel though, just not quite what you expect from a premier inn these days.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Totally agree with one of the reviews here about the slamming of the fire doors. Having gone to bed quite late, after driving from Spain non stop to Folkestone, we went to bed at about 2 to 3am. From about 7am, that was the first time I could lift my head up to check the time, I was woken up by constantly slamming of the fire doors. And to compound the injury, loud inconsiderate guests, and then luggage rolling around for extra effects. I know the hotel cannot control the guests inconsiderate manners, but they should consider sound proofing the rooms better. There are stickers to ask politely about keep the noise level down, either people cannot read or can read and chose to ignore it. The pillows were very uncomfortable. When arriving at breakfast at 10am, having pre booked and paid weeks in advance, there was no record of us booking it. Nevertheless, the waitress herded us in. She was friendly, but you could tell, she did not want to be there. When other "unexpected" guests arrived close to finishing time, (I mean people and not the rodent kind) she was non too pleased!! Would I go back there, or would I check in to a Holiday Inn? I think I would go back there if there was no alternative accommodation available. This is because of the bad designed health and safety fire doors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

To start with, the receptionist Theresa made us feel very welcome when we arrive, we could ask her anything and was very friendly and helpful. When we found out our room was the first one in the corridor, we have been relocated to an other one upstairs which was SPOTLESS and very quiet. The bed looked new and very comfortable, you can even choose your pillow! There is a rery big flat screen television too and you entitle 30 mins wireless connection. (£3 a day if you want more). The bathroom had a bath with shower and extremely clean too. Could not fault anything. The only thing you should be aware of is not to leave the motorway at the Channel Tunnel exit as it leads you straight to the Channel Tunnel check-in! It had been a long process until we were escorted out!

Room Tip: We chose to have a room upstairs at the end of the corridor, but they all look good as all the doors...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christine L
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a one night stop over before catching the Eurotunnel and we wanted a good night's sleep.
This we got in bucket fulls having been received at circa 10.00pm by very friendly staff.
The room is typically Premier Inn standard with large rooms that are very clean and fully equipped especially with coffee and tea making facilities that allowed us to enjoy a few minutes to chill out by watching TV and enjoying a cuppa.
The breakfasts are extremely good and sets you up for the next leg of your journey on the other side of the Channel
The actual train check in is less than 10 minutes away and the very friendly staff give you the all inportant directions to get there.
This is our first stay in this hotel normally driving all the way down from Yorkshire to catch the train in "one hit" - never again - we shall stay overnight in this Premier Inn but endeavour to arrive mid afternoon so that we can enjoy a meal in the adjacent Pub.
Highly recommended Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I'll begin by letting you know that the service here is amazing. The staff are willing to help you out whenever they can but this location is let down massively by two things. The first is the terrible restaurant next door. I don't recommend that you have bed and breakfast as the breakfast will leave you with a terrible taste in your mouth with the worst cooked food I have encounted and even the continental isn't safe at most of the food is out of date.
However I was unable to sleep all night as I was constantly woken by very heavy hotel room doors slamming. They seem to weight a ton yet provide No sound barrier from the noise in the halls. I was kept awake till midnight and then re-woken at 5 am.
Great night sleep??? NOT A CHANCE.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Drury007
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Never let down by Premier Inns. This is our third visit prior to a Calais trip. Reception was warm and friendly. Hotel is clean and very pleasant. Room very comfortable and clean.

We were put into Room 68 which was (I believe) the same as our last visit in May. All well until 0530 when we were awoken by a vehicle with its reversing alarm sounding (I thought it was the dustmen but reception said there were no dustmen on that day. However once awoken the noise from the nearby motorway/road took over and couldn't get back to sleep. Refund for the room was offered with no quibble. This happened similarly on our visit in May.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The road at the front of the hotel is very noisy. Try and get a ground floor room in the rear (not...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple