“A great experience”

Lemon Leaf Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemon Leaf Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 248 Restaurants in Folkestone
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nepalese and Indian dining. Experience unique and authentic flavors of finely balanced spice. Prepared by a highly experienced chef that has worked in award winning restaurants across Nepal. A spacious dining hall with contemporary settings and a large car park suitably located at the rear. We offer Take Away service for Collection & Delivery. *We offer Catering services outside and private functions in our spacious lower floor.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Desparate for a curry whilst staying at a nearby hotel, we wandered into the town and came across this lovely restaurant. The staff were very helpful and the food - warned to be spicy - was lovely.
We ordered the duck which we found to be an enjoyably different meal.
I would highly recommend this restaurant - and do try the gurkha beer

2  Thank bradniort

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We thought we would give the new Gurkha/Indian restaurant in Cheritan, Folkestone. We were not disappointed. There is a great selection of Gurkha and Indian food on the menu all at reasonable prices. We each had a starter - each was well prepared with fresh spices and well presented on the plates. I had chicken wings which were done perfectly. We decided to all try the Gurkha dishes for our main course. Again, we could taste the fresh herbs and spices in the meals that we chose. All were perfectly cooked and delivered by helpful and polite staff. We will definitely go back again. If you like Indian food, then give this a try - and give the Gurkha dishes a try. You'll be glad you did!

2  Thank Larry H
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went with my wife. It was our first visit to a Gurkha restaurant in Folkestone and we were really looking forward to it. The service was good and the drinks selection was very comprehensive. However, I ordered a duck curry, described as shredded duck, very spicy. To be honest it was inedible! It was not shredded and crisp at all, but mainly fatty blubber. When I took my first mouthful I honestly almost vomited! I had to spit it out in a napkin and have a large guzzle of drink. We also had a chickpea curry which was nice enough but nothing special and a vegetable noodle dish which was oily and bland. The server was very friendly and we didn't complain as our appetite was spoiled anyway. The bill took forever to arrive. There was no atmosphere (just a cold big half empty room with no music) and a steady stream of people coming through the front door going straight to the basement?? We won't be back, but will try some of the other Gurkha establishments instead next time.

2  Thank Frank B
Lemon Leaf R, Manager at Lemon Leaf Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Frank B,

Thank you very much for taking your time and letting us know how you felt about your recent visit to our newley opened restaurant. Whenever possible, we always encourage our customer to leave an honest feedback on how we are doing, the quality of food and the service etc. We always take our customer feedback constructively and act accordingly wherever possible.

As far as your concerns with noodles and duck dish , we have always received a very good feedback from our customer who tried and tasted it previously. I am so sorry to know that you and your partner did not like them and our dish did not complement your expectation. If you had informed one of the service providers about your dissapointment instantly, you could have received a replacement or we could have tried to prepare your order to complement your need. But one thing I would like to mention here is that our duck dish is not meant to be crispy. And on most Friday we do have an Acoustic live music at the basement, for that reason you must have noticed group of people moving downstair.

We are very sad to hear that you are not returning but by any means if you change your mind and revisit our restaurant we won't dissapoint you.

Best Regards

Lemon Leaf Restaurant and Bar Management

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thank you very much for the meal on Friday. Please pass on our sincere thanks to all your staff. The service they provided in the restaurant was excellent and of course many thanks to the chef - nobody could fault anything with the food. So all in all a very good night.
U guys were amazing..........everyone must go there.....

4  Thank Cbashiva
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I ordered a takeaway and the food was delicious. I also really like that there are a number of different options on the menu as well as the regular favourites. I will definitely be placing an order again.

3  Thank cahoona82