“Fantastic service and facilities at Stay 2a”
Review of Stay2a

and 1 more site!
Stay2a
Ranked #6 of 26 Folkestone B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2012

You simply have to stay at Stay 2a. I stay away on business regularly and I have to say I wish there was a Stay2a in every city. Paul and his team make you feel welcome immediately, there was even a note to welcome me by name on my last stay. The rooms are delightful and well appointed. The food in the restaurant is superb and brilliant value. And the staff team add a special touch by being so friendly and helpful. All in all I cannot recommend Stay 2a highly enough, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are superb, so choose any of them
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Established restaurant with delightful rooms. Although we arrived out of hours, arrangements had been made for us to find the key so no problems there. Plenty of facilities for drinks, refreshments etc.. Room was delightfully decorated as was bathroom. Now we've found it, we have to try out all the rooms just to check out the decor so we've already booked to go back! Although situated in a relatively central location, traffic noise was not an issue. Breakfasts were fantastic.

Room Tip: Difficult to say until we've tried them all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Stay2a........yes you should! Fabulous! Wonderful rooms, fantastic food evening and breakfast in Paul's Restaurant! Friendly staff and Paul himself is lovely! If this B&B was on four in a bed it would win!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have just returned from a one night stay at stay 2a, and what a fantastic place it is.
I arrived ahead of my partner and the owner, Paul, invited me to join his group of friends for a drink...so very welcoming. Although we did not eat at the restuarant, the food looked superb.
The room we stayed in, the Burlesque room, was so tastefully decorated, with all mod cons and some luxury features. The bed was really comfortable and the breakfast the following morning was delicious and perfectly cooked.
We will definately be recommending to our friend, and hope to stay again soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderfully decorated and had good sound proofing from the restuarant downstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stay 2a was a fantastic find! I stayed for one night when I went to Folkestone on business, after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by Paul who carried my case up to the room, and offered me a cup of tea, which was very welcome after a long drive.

I was shown the two available rooms and given the choice of which one to stay in. Difficult to choose as they were both lovely, but I decided to stay in Love Letters. The rooms are light and airy, very modern and spotless, with free wifi, large flatscreen tv and a very comfortable bed. There were complimentary cold drinks available too. I don't like eating on my own when away on business, but I normally just get it over with as quickly as possible, however I went into Paul's restaurant to eat the service was so friendly I didn't feel uncomfortable at all sitting on my own. The food was really lovely and the portions very generous. I'd mentioned I needed to leave fairly early the next day but as it turned out I was running late so the restaurant had started preparing my breakfast early to save me time. What can I say, you rarely see such great service! Although I was travelling on business this time I would go again with my husband, it would be a great place for a romantic weekend!

Superb place,I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Supermaise
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This review is a little late, however...I took my boyfriend and my parents here just before Father's Day. My Dad, bless him, is a very fussy B&B stayer and likes his "cooked English breakfasts in the morning". This B&B not only ticked the box for me in terms of boutique, luxury and accessiblity, it also provided the much needed breakfast for Dad.
The very popular Penny and Paul were away on holiday when we visited, and sadly this meant the restaurant was closed too (for lunch and supper). However, their daughter Sophie went above and beyond in making us feel welcome and comfortable. Not only did she let us check in to one of the rooms early, she was completely on hand to answer any questions and give local advice, show us how to use the complimentary coffee machine, as well us open up specially to let us pick up our bags before we caught the train back to London. (Late afternoon on the Sunday).
If we had one slight, and this is no fault of the B&B at all, is that the seagulls were quite loud throughout the night. It was a warm evening when we stayed, so we had the windows opened during the night and their cries were quite loud.I had no idea that these birds were nocturnal, and by the morning was up for some seagull pie for breakfast. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this, and realise that as the city people were at the coast, it's to be expected...

All in all, I've stayed in a couple of 'luxury' B&Bs in Folkestone before, and this was by far the nicer, friendlier, more hospitable venue. Even in spite of the seagulls, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending or returning there. I wouldn't be suprised if it appeared on Mr & Mrs Smith soon. It's of that standard.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank babyjane31
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stopover on way to Dover,superb small hotel only three rooms all fitted with the very best of fixtures and fittings. Penny & Paul are great hosts and every need is looked after. Good wifi, free soft drinks including tea and coffee, very comfortable bed.

Paul's restaurant very good indeed and Peny's deserts trolley is a must. To finish it all off one of the very best hotel breakfasts you will find, for £85 a night B&B, Stay2a is just great value.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple