“Smashing experience”
Review of Sandbanks Restaurant - CLOSED

Sandbanks Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Folkestone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smashing experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Amazing view, good value and excellent service. We went with friends who were visiting us from the Cotswolds and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening . You could see the lights of France and Folkestone Harbour as we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ian118
Sandbanks2, General Manager at Sandbanks Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I just want to say on behalf of my team and myself, that it was a really lovely evening looking after you and your friends. I remember you telling me of your locality and the knowledge of our good work with the local glass recycling facility, so lookong forward to working with you in the future on the project.

“Recommended”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Folkestone. The decor and background music are relaxing, the view is amazing, and the food is delicious. If you have the set menu the value for money is great too.

We went on a Saturday evening. Service was impeccable and everything was spot on for a enjoyable dining experience.

A hidden gem well worth seeking out.

1 Thank Jb332
I just wanted to say a very big thank yo taking the time to review our restaurant. I am very happy you enjoyed your time with us and my new selection of music for this year! I hope we get the chance to see you again and make another evening as enjoyable for us all very soon.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Thank you Kerry & team”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

As I live in Cyprus I booked this via the Internet & phone as i wanted a special Xmas present for my sister & her hubby.
I read excellent reports on Trip Advisor, so contacted Kerry via email. She was so helpful & a credit to the company & we arranged payment & booked the date, seating etc...
I spoke to my sister today as they went for the Sunday carvery yesterday (30 Dec 2012) & she was so delighted with the food, service & excellent seating overlooking the windsurfers in the harbour below...may i add my sister is not easily pleased so this is praise indeed!!.
Thank you to all of the team working at Sandbanks for making my sister happy.....& with a belly of good food...
june x

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Henriet
Sandbanks2, General Manager at Sandbanks Restaurant, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Henriet.

Firstly I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to write to us and add your comments to the website. I remember very clearly looking after your sister and her partner on the Sunday that they dined with us. Was great to hear her story about your relationship and also chatted about travelling in great detail with her. I will make sure Kerry gets to read this and thank her personally, along with the rest of my team that worked that day.

Watford, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but not much of an atmosphere”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I went here for my anniversary. The food was lovely, i had the lamb shank, touch dry but tasty. I think the fact there was little to no atmosphere made us feel uncomfortable, scared to talk as it was so quiet. There needs to be more advertising r something to get this place buzzing. Also the decor was very dated. The menu was vast and lots to choose from. I would go back as i think it was value for money.

Hello.

My name is Michael and the manager of the restaurant, I was just hoping to find out when exactly you was with us. I had a could of anniversary tables since I have been charge and just would like to ask if you had a specific date that yo was with us.

Any response would be appreciated and hopefully you can come in to visit us again, especially as I am implementing a few changes that will make your comments something that will not happen again.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Helpful Staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant when we were on holiday. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us, as at the time, my husband had broken his foot and was in a cast. The staff ran around him, helping him get comfortable, which was very much appreciated. We had the Scallops and Crispy Duck starter, which was very tasty. My husband had the fillet steak, which he said was cooked to perfection and I had the Guinea Fowl, which I had never tried before, but enjoyed every mouthful of! For dessert, we both had the cheesecake, which I would recommend to anyone, it was the best ever! I had the one with the toffee topping, and my husband had the lemon drizzle. Very good value for money. The view over the Channel was the cherry on top! We were both extremely pleased with our visit here, I wish that we lived closer so that we could go there more often!!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank 94Carol
Sandbanks2, General Manager at Sandbanks Restaurant, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Firstly, we just want to thank you for the lovely review of our restaurant and the experiance that you had, on the day you and your husband were with us. My staff all remember you both very well and enjoyed speaking to you about your home country. We look forward to one day seeing you both again if you venture this way again.

Michael GM