“Nice pub good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice pub good food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

A friendly welcome to a proper pub with real ales and god pub food at reasonable prices was recommended by a friend and was well worth the visit. Handy for the town centre so pop in for a pint and lunch while shopping.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank peter c

“Proper pub”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Well kept beers,many consecutive years in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.
Good family run establishment, the Food is Excellent, the service also.
Heated smoking area at the rear for those that do, a pool table comfortable seating, lovely locals atmosphere .

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LOBSTER64
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“And again - YOU ARE GREAT!!! *****”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

What else can I say!

My husband and I went there for lunch today; hadn't done this in a little while. Gilly and Stuart are always very welcoming and the atmosphere is just warm and comfy. The catch of the day was excellent as always and so was my all-time favourite chilli con carne.
This pub is suitable for couples, families and friends to meet and have a nice beer/ale/wine/... and a chat together. The background music is always well chosen and remains what it should be - BACKGROUND music.

Thank you, we have again enjoyed ourselves fabulously!!!

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly pub”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A very warm welcome from the landlady and such a friendly atmosphere in the pub. The food was tasty home made. We thought ourselves lucky to have chanced upon the place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Craig S
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“one of these nice British pubs”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been here with a local [ since I recently moved to Folkestone] and I was looking for something really typical. and it is. very friendly pub with regular customers that welcome you as if they have known you forever. nice drinks, atmosphere. as for the food, I guess it s good for many people.not saying it s bad but I m not extatic about it. I have had better since I live in England. but its ok. May be I m way too fussy since I m French and we do love our food :P

• Visited October 2013