“Lovely”

Ranked #18 of 248 Restaurants in Folkestone
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Atmospheric, with polite and attentive staff. Food - a variety of Asian options - is wonderful. The have a loyalty card scheme, if you think you'll be back.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had a lovely meal at the Zen Kafe last night. Yummy food (we had the mixed starter, kung po chicken and seafood udon), really good, very friendly service including checks that all was OK. Pino Grigio was an excellent choice. Have never been disappointed with this restaurant! Atmosphere lovely and relaxed. Only slight criticisms that we can think of is that more candles and less electric lights would make it even lovelier, and if there had been sake available by the glass we'd have had some! (bottle a bit expensive).

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visited last in June 2012 and returned this week as a party of 5 plus child. Staff still helpful and welcoming, the service was a little slower than I remember but the food still very nice and good value. The Zen Combo is always good as are all the starters which we order a few of and share, the wasabi prawns are gorgeous as is the smoky chicken. The chow mein noodles you can eat all day long!
They are good with kids, provide colouring pad and children's chopsticks,
A good choice if in Folkestone

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My business partner and I had spent an hour driving around Dover and the surrounding area trying to find a Thai resturant. Most of the ones we found on the net had shutdown, the we found the Zen Café and thank god we did. I had the best padthai I have had outside of London and my partners Beef in black bean sauce was divine. Great service and a reasonable bill at the end of the night makes this one place I intend to visit again when next in town.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been in the Zen Kafe for a karaoke evening with dinner. The room upstairs was quite nice and our group (15 persons) could be on its own up there, which was quite enjoyable. The food was very nice, with a wide range of specialities. Unfortunately, the room was quite cold. No heating on arrival (this is January !) so they gave us 2 miniature heatings....that did not do much difference.
The second thing that did not go so well was the karaoke system that was basically made for chinese audience, so quite difficult to control and many songs were chinese (quite nice but completely unknown). All british songs appeared under "foreign songs" without any other classification.... quite hard to set the system.But each member of staff was very lovely, trying to help as much as possible and always with a smile... I would go back, but for dinner only, not for karaoke....