“Appalling service”

Ranked #5 of 247 Restaurants in Folkestone
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Having had poor experiences of this place since it opened an offshoot on Canterbury Road I returned hoping to find things improved both in food and service. Was promptly greetied and order taken. Some 25 minuites later I was still waiting for food even though diners who had ordered after me were being served their meal. Cannot comment on the food as I left before it arrived. Willo definitely NOT be going again - a pity as it was the best place in the town centre for fish and chips and ince had excellent service. All the more a shame as I live within five minutes of the place!

5  Thank Charles L

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I'm shocked. The food isn't tasteless at all, what it is at Papas is proper food, not sugary, fatty and greasy traditional fish shop which is why I think these people found it 'tasteless'. When I visited the food was great, not too expensive and the service was good

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We visited for an early lunch of Skate, Cod and Chips. In our opinion, the food was not tasty and we did not enjoy it. Seating could be more comfortable. The table had paint spots on it which made it look unattractive. We will not be returning as there are similar restaurants in the area which are better in every respect.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not eaten here for a while, now I remember why. Fish & chips were ok but definately over priced. Farmhouse grill was disappointing with cheap sausages used & the childrens chicken ducks meal was awful, totally tasteless. Best thing overall were the chips - fresh potatoes used, not frozen. Won't be returning any time soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

food average fish greasy chips cold over priced staff need to go on a customer care course wont bother again