“A really nice back to basics stay away from modern life”
Review of Romany Dreams

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Folkestone
Romany Dreams
Ranked #10 of 26 Folkestone B&B and Inns
Rochester
“A really nice back to basics stay away from modern life”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a romantic anniversary treat and it was a fantastic well needed break from today's hustle and bustle.
The only minor bad points are having to go to the cabin behind the caravan in the night for the loo and that its pitched too close to the main house for any real sense of privacy.
That said I would still recommend for a one off unique fairy tale stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
kent
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well it has been well over a month since we stayed and I have not yet got round to doing a review yet. I feel bad about this as if I had a negative review to write, it would have been drafted before I even left. Fortunately, the fantastic memories of a great evening are still very much clear in my memory and I have absolutely no criticism to make.
Only living around 30 minuets drive away, I booked this night as a tester to see how we got on before we made plans to go to Ireland and rent a Gypsy Caravan there. I couldn't have foreseen the outstanding service and standard we received for the money we paid. We will probably find another location a disappointment.

The Wagon:
The Wagon is situated in their very large back garden in front of their beautiful house. Due to its position in the garden you feel very detached from the property and get an enormous amount of privacy. The inside was amazing, just like the one you see at shows. I was impressed by the quality of the bedding. All the sheets were freshly washed and ironed and the duvet was better than the one I have at home. The open fire was certainly good fun to stoke up and the sound just added to the relaxing atmosphere. The views from the caravan (see picture) were amazing and we had good fun watching the sun go down. Didn't see it it coming up as we slept right through it after the very nice bottle of wine we were given. This was was okay though, as we were free to leave at our own leisure. Around the Caravan I was very impressed by the quirky ornaments such as an outside cooking pot. These just added to the overall gypsy theme. There was certainly a lot of effort and thought made when putting this all in place.

Bathroom/Annex.
The eating area and bathroom was situated behind the caravan, that was illuminated at night with a light switch that they had made the effort to put just outside the caravan ( this little extra thought goes a long way) so there was no stumbling around in the dark. Up to the annex you pass a camp fire that has been set up if you wish to light it . The eating area was spotlessly clean, as was the very modern bathroom in which you really do only have to bring a toothbrush. The fridge was stocked with bottled water and additional snacks to the food I cannot wait to tell you about.

Well, I tried to cook a Bacon and Onion pudding to the same standard but have failed miserably. The food was exceptional! You wouldn't be about to eat food at the same standard for this price anywhere near. It was piping hot and served up in some beautiful dishes with good quality cutlery. I really could not find fault with the suet pudding or the Seasonal vegetables, it was delicious. The gypsy tart was a unexpected surprise after, and the standard here was continued. For breakfast there was a great selection of cereals, toast, juice, fruit and freshly laid eggs from local farm.

Overall

A fantastic place to stay, so relaxing. You feel like a guest in their home whilst still having the peace and privacy to yourself. The hosts were a welcoming couple who couldn't do enough for you. We had a lovely conversation as we arrived as we realised we had family connections. This in itself was a fun to try and pin together. I have since shown pictures to family relatives and they have all been impressed. The hosts clearly take a lot of pride in their Gypsy Caravan and their home. We will be back in the winter!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have just arrived back from our two night stay in this beautiful Romany gypsy caravan. It is set in a beautiful location and is not surprisingly the pride and joy of our fantastic host, Lorraine. We were made to feel welcome by both Lorraine and her husband and were amazed at the attention to detail...ie....all toiletries, scented candle and fresh provisions in fridge. We enjoyed an amazingly peaceful evening cooking sausages outside on an open fire before snuggling in the wagon, warmed by the queenie stove. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts....they even offered lifts to and from local pub!!!!!!! We will be returning in the summer and our stay could only be improved by cheerier weather.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived I felt an incredible feeling of homeliness and peace and welcome. This feeling stayed with me. We were met by beautiful old Holly (springer) who became a firm friend and Lorraine, the owner, who had made us bread pudding. The wagon took our breath away. It is amazing. That and the open fire pit were enough for me! But then Lorraine showed us the chalet behind the wagon which contains all the essential things for the not so hardy campers (like my wife) enabling all to enjoy the best of both worlds. The sun broke through and I spent a couple of hours on the wagon steps soaking up the tranquility. We cooked sausages over the fire, watching the sunset whilst drinking ale from a tin mug. Perfect. A beautiful clear night sky emerged and the temperature dipped sharply. No problem, we simply headed inside the wagon and lit the Queenie stove and got snuggly by its heat. The bed was very cosy and we both slept well. I'm 6ft and 18 stone but there was room for two!
Come the morning, we enjoyed a tasty breakfast in the chalet where Lorraine had provided everything needed for a chilled out breakfast.
We so enjoyed our stay although too short! I would recommend this to anyone. Get there and live the Romany Dream. You will love it.
Ps Holly likes sausages for dinner and a bit of egg on toast for breakfast!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank DPR123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked up a friday & Saturday night here for my Boyfriends birthday. It was a very cold Feburary weekend...We even woke up to a snow covered garden on Sunday morning! The wagon was so cute....when we arrvied Lorainne has the fire stoked, so it was beautiful and cosy for us. We opted for her home cooked Gyspy meal on the Friday eve, which was delsihous...real hearty home cooked food! The wago was so warm, despite being freezing outside and the bed was cosy, my boyfirend is 6ft, prhaps 5'9'' is the perfect size but we were completely fine and had a great nights sleep , no complaints at all. Saturday daytime Lorrainne has recommended a few places within 1/2hr drive (Deal, Sandwich and St.Margrets Bay and White Cliff walks) then we came back to the wago in the evening and then on to a pub nearby (the Lydden Bell ... i couldnt recommend more..The food was fantastic) - its about a 35min walk, so we drove becuase of the cold weather. but would be nice to walk in the weather .While we were out i recieved a text from Lorraine asking is we would like her to stoke the fire for us and keep it going untill we got back in, which was brilliant and very kind of her.
All in all a wonderful weekend

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tunbridge wells
Reviewed November 9, 2012

A one night stay celebrating an unmentionable birthday!
Lorraine and Holly made us so welcome, without being at all intrusive.
The wagon is a dream, so very authentic and cosy. Frosty outside (November) but we were as warm as toast.
A very peaceful, hugely charming place, very much a 'time out of time' experience. Get off the wheel for a couple of days and hide away in this lovely little piece of Romany history.
Don't take too much'stuff'. Everything you need is there and space is of the essence.

Definitely one for the bucket list.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mandi s
bedfordshire
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked up a weekend stay in the gypsy wagon as a suprise birthday treat for someone special! I found it on google and was a little nervous booking something so random! Im glad I did! it was a beautful weekend away, we were met on arrival by Lorraine and a cosy warm wagon:) I had pre ordered a picnic which was brilliant, filled with many delioius home made goods, it rained on the saturday so we ate it in the chalet behind the wagon, which was equally as perfect.. We also opted for the homemade meal for the Saturday night, no complaints there and would definatly recommend, as it just adds to the whole experience! All the little thoughful touches made the weekend so memorable! I would say try and preplan things to do during the day in advance... we did some ghost hunting with ghosthuntingevents ... and had a trip to dover castle.. both great fun and completed a perfect weekend! Thanks again to Lorriane! Smiles from two happy customers:D
Eles & James XX