“A place to stay again”

Ranked #3 of 26 Folkestone B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A place to stay again”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The booking on the phone was easy and welcoming, unlike the Rocksalt rooms who did have any dedicated staff for bookings, and I would have to wait until someone was available to ring me back. Amanda and her husband could not be more friendly and helpful during my stay. The building is beautiful and my room was large, confortable and pristine. The breakfast, which I dont usually have, was very accomodating and nice. Just a great niche in the dreary Folkestone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sergio M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Glos
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent a lovely night here back in December. The weather was blowing a gale but the welcome was warm and the accommodation was cosy.

We had two rooms on the top floor and stayed as a family of four. Very convenient for visiting family and an exhibition nearby.

Lovely complementary snacks and drinks on arrival plus the ability to make drinks etc in our rooms. I would have loved a bath - but these two rooms had showers - which worked extremely well. Aside from some very late arrivals breaking our sleep after midnight, we had a peaceful night. It was easy to find and the staff had ensured we had a parking place nearby.

This is not a cheap B&B. But you do get a high quality hotel experience.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces onto the street, one side onto the park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked The Relish on recommendation from Rocksalt Restaurant. The booking was made for my fiance´s 40th birthday. On making the booking, I asked for some champagne and rose petals in the room and although the team were not able to offer these, they went out of their way to give us fabulous alternatives. On arrival, the owner showed us around and personally took our bags up to our room. The hospitality was fantastic and the breakfast the next morning was wonderful. I would like to thank you for being so fantastic and we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: The Orchid room was absolutely beautiful - 4 poster bed and a lovely space to be in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Fabulous accommodation, beautiful room, gorgeous gardens. Staff so polite and welcoming. Fantastic coffee tea, juice and home baked cakes complimentary
We stayed in the Orchid room which was lovely.
Location great, close to everything, fabulous zigzag walk down to the beach at the top of the road, just a very short walk away.
Breakfast was wonderful
Recommend this to anyone wanting a very homely place to stay but with luxury.

Room Tip: Orchid - beautiful
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was an excellent choice and having stayed in many of the hotels in the Folkestone area on a regular basis, The Relish was on my priority list. I'm happy to confirm it was not a disappointment, Free homemade cake available throughout the day/evening, free coffee and tea from the kitchen, but not the standard stuff, top quality coffee machine, and a exceptional selection of herbal tea's, plus bottles of water and the usual tea and coffee provided in your room.

However should you want to relax in the evening with a glass of red/white or preferably a bottle of beer then this is also available as a complementary service available for you to help yourself from the kitchen.

I stayed in the Indigo room, the bathroom and shower was amazing, even the shower gels and shampoo stood out from the competition, quality products used (zero). The bedroom was beautiful and cozy, I slept very well. In the morning the breakfast selection was plentiful, cheeseboard, full cooked breakfast, homemade bread for toast with a selection of condiments and of course cereals, yogurts and fresh fruits.

I opted for the morning special, eggs Benedict and it blew me away, it is by far the best eggs Benedict I have eaten to date, I totally recommend trying this.

They also allowed me to keep my luggage in the reception room whilst I attended an appointment the following morning after checkout, no problem was too big of an effort.

I will be using this hotel for myself & employees in the future and I will definitely be aiming to book the Orchid room.

I should also mention I have read a review on here mentioning they are not family friendly, this is total tosh, a couple with a baby were staying across the landing from me and it was not a problem at all. We were all made very welcome. I saw them in the morning at breakfast and they seemed very happy.

Try for yourself, I'm positive you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in the indigo room, I have viewed all the rooms and the Orchid is a blow away. Single rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bedfrordshire, UK
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night last week, we had a very nice welcome and was upgraded to a room with a view over the garden, its a shame the fog did not allow us to see any further.
Nice room, large comfortable bed.We thought it was a nice touch to be able to have a glass of wine or a beer from the kitchen down stairs as part of your stay. Breakfast was very good, I had fried bread for the first time in ages, very nice. Everyone was extremely friendly.Would go back.

kent
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our children and their families booked The Relish as a surprise for our ruby anniversary. We arrived after a lovely meal at Rocksalt in Folkestone. There was a warm welcome with an explanation that we could help ourselves to wine, beer, coffee and cake from the guest bar area (all free of charge). We had been booked into the Orchid room which was beautiful, we had a huge bed, and the bathroom was lovely with a fantastic shower. Tea and coffee making facilities were all provided along with wi-fi, a hairdryer and a comfy sofa. Breakfast was great cereals, yogurts, fruit juice, a choice of full English (lovely) or various other alternatives. There was home made bread available to toast with jams etc. Teas and a choice of coffees were also available. There was also a residents lounge area with magazines. I had no idea such lovely accommodation was available in Folkestone and would recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have any walking difficulties ask for a room on the first floor, as no lift.