“Good professional service”

Gurkha Palace
Ranked #5 of 226 Restaurants in Folkestone
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning Nepalese and North Indian restaurant.We pride ourself for quality food and service.We have been recognise by several local and National Awards.British Curry Awards 2015 awarded us on Finalist as within top three curry restaurant in South East England.Our Chef has more then 20 years of experience in Nepalese and Indian restaurants.Come and try us for curry with difference and more.
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Good professional service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We all enjoyed the meal and the service was first class. The food was well presented and cooked. We had a variety of dishes and the portions size was very good.

1 Thank ChrispyCross

Ashford, United Kingdom
“One of our Favourites!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My partner & I have been eating here for years. We love the food!! The Momo's are delicious!! The staff are always so welcoming and friendly.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dan2588
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was in folkestone for 3 weeks and visited 4 times. There are a wide variety of dishes, none of them disappointed. Momo, BBQ prawn and mish mas masu were my favourites. The staff are very friendly!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chigs1987
Folkestone, England, United Kingdom
“Really great food with a difference”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have bee several times in the Gurkha Palace. The food is of very good quality and the staff always very pleasant and helpful. There is a real touch of elegance in the restaurant and you can be assured that your guests will be impressed by a meal there. One negative point : it is not on the cheap side, but I guess that is the "price to pay" for the positive points highlighted above...

• Visited July 2013
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“The food is amazing”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The restaurant is like a big dining hall, it's ok, but for atmophere, you need a Friday or Saturday night....... But the food is something else. Vegi's can actually have a great night out too, for example Sabji Guchha is a potato mash with cheese in a tangy sauce. The chef will hot it up or cool it down to your taste. They do two sorts of Daal, one black (Kalo) which is something I dream of on the way home from work, it is so tasty. The other is a yellow number, Pahelo, and is zingy, fragrant and goes well with everything. But, the best think I like about the food is that it is not swimming in Ghee or oil. If I get a take out (which I often do), the next morning, no blobs of hardened oil. I like this very much as I think (rightly or wrongly), that I can have a treat without exploding my arteries! Keep up the good cooking Gurkha Palace!! Fresh and delicious.

• Visited February 2014