“Perfect family meal at a family run resturant”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #51 of 232 Restaurants in Folkestone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect family meal at a family run resturant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Myself partner and son came across this resturant after a stroll into folkestone. There was 2 resturants beside each other and this one looked modern and clean (the other one reminded me of the 50's)

greeting was great made us feel like we were regulars. Shown to our lovely table by the window (very spacious)

There was a special board which contained 5 lovely fish dishes and a meat dish.

my partner and myself picked fron the lunchtime menu 2course for 12.50. Her starter was garlic mushrooms which she said she could taste the garlic which is good.
I had the pate what was 3 big pieces of home made pate served on a rocket salad and toast.......YUMMY

our main course was vegetable lasagne when it came out my partner eyes lit up like it was Christmas. Big portion and you can tell it was home cooked.

our child ate from the childs menu 3 course for 6pound.....BARGIN
he had minestrone for starter which I couldn't resist but to try and WOW it was tasty and full of flavour. .his mai waa home made fish and chips.

as you can tell by this review this is a great resturant we will be here alot more. ..would say to everyone to try it as you wont be disappointed

Great family resturant

• Visited September 2013

London, England
“Fish and seafood all terrible”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant claims in its website to have its own fishing boat. If the fish we were served was indeed fresh, I feel sorry for the poor creatures as they were ruined in the kitchen. Lemon sole (a daily special) was so overcooked it was a giant mush that came swimming in a sea of butter laced with dried fennel. My starter of spaghetti with clams had a few clams somewhere hiding in the mound of tomato sauce but as they were already shelled I have no idea whether they came from a tin, the freezer or indeed the sea. My partner erred in ordering another daily special -- lobster thermidor. I did warn him...again, so much sauce that the (precooked, we were told) lobster was drowned. And as for the starter of grilled sardines - yet again drenched in butter, which is not the way to cook such an oily fish. All in all very disappointing and I cannot recommend this restaurant given that not one of the four dishes was of a decent standard.

2 Thank strassy
Zurich, Switzerland
“Decent Italian Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This is good but not great restaurant. The is food comptently prepared, the atmosphere was a little stodgy and the service friendly but stretched a little thin. There was one server for five tables. A good place for safe food.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Sunday Carvery - Excellent”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The new Sunday carvery is a great addition to their specials and at £10.00 a head with a choice of puddings is a real deal. The portions are huge and there are three choices of meat dishes my husband really enjoyed his pork with very crisp crackling and with too many to choose from puddings go very hungry! This has always been one of our favourite restaurants and it is good to see that it is slowly modernising but keeping all the good traditional aspects that make it special.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A return visit to the lovely Portofino”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is one of our very favourite restaurants and never lets us down. Portofino has a very traditional feel, with white table linen and excellent service from the attentive staff. It is one of the few places that will make you a Zabaglione these days, and this is not to be missed. The Seafood Risotto was the best I have ever had. Looking forward to our next visit already.

• Visited July 2013