“2nd home”

Ranked #10 of 577 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our choice of dishes include: Starters, Balti Murgh/Gosht Dishes, Vegetarian Dishes, Shama Specialities, Curry Dishes and don't forget your Side Dishes. Shama Balti Restaurant is no longer licensed, although you're welcome to bring your own alcohol. We're open seven days, Monday-Saturday 5pm-11pm and Sunday 3pm-10pm!
Reviewed January 21, 2020

My family and i have been coming here for around 7/8 years, and we wouldnt change a thing. We go at least once a week and have withdrawal symptoms if we miss a week! The food is amazing, the staff are always so welcoming, fun and really make your night, Jang is always a delight to see everytime we go, never not smiling! Will be going for many years to come. Couldn’t recommend enough and not one other curry house has even come close!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (369)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Best curry in the whole of Huddersfield. Extra thank you for Jang and his amazing service. The rose and choc after were a nice touch.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

My first visit but definitely not my last. The food was excellent,with very generous portions and the service was brilliant by all especially Jang the waiter who couldn't do enough for us. I will definitely be recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

I'm writing this review just after my first visit to Shama Restaurant in Huddersfield.
It's long over due too, as they've had a presence since 1979! Anyway, on arrival, we were seated in the spacious waiting area and viewed the menu.
We already had a good idea of what we wanted, so this did not take long. We ordered first and were then shown to our table.
The starters arrived and all looked amazing. I had the Paneer Pakora served with a healthy salad.
Then came the main, a balti veg ginger affair and veg biryni with peshwori naan.
Service was prompt and polite. A special mention to senior waiter, Jang, who made sure all ran smoothly and was keen to ensure we were well looked after.
The price is a fair reflection on what was offered.
Parking is easily available outside in the evenings.
I will return with friends to share in this experience.
Already looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Came in New Year’s Eve place was heaving was seated straight away and as always food was great, the service was impeccable by the lovely gentleman with the gold tooth.. he should defo be a manager!! Shana promote the guy!!

Date of visit: December 2019