“Consistently excellent!”

The Three Acres Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 526 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome to The Three Acres Inn and Restaurant, set in beautiful Pennine countryside with a 40 year reputation for excellent food & first class service and voted Dining Pub of the Year 2015 by Yorkshire Life. Browse this season's menu below, or book accommodation with us here and we look forward to offering you a warm hospitable welcome when you visit us. At the very heart of The Three Acres lies a deep passion for food. We take pride in the calibre of our chefs with their creative flair and keen eye for detail under the lead of Head Chef Tom Davies. Our inspiration comes from food itself and the market fresh produce available for the season, allowing kitchen to craft dishes with a distinct and unique Three Acres style. Dine with us and experience our passion. The Three Acres has been owned by Neil Truelove and Brian Orme for over 40 years. 40 years plus of love of good food, of experience, of professional service and most importantly, of offering a warm hospitable welcome to all our diners and residents. With the next generation, Tom Truelove, Neil's son now involved in the business as a partner, we look forward to many years of continued high standards at The Three Acres.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have visited this restaurant periodically since the 70s and have never had a bad meal. We still (as we did today) reminisce about our favourite starter and main course from the 70s. Needless to say, much has changed, but it remains brilliant. We only intended to have a sandwich but the chicken terrine sounded interesting so we decided to have one and share, which was an excellent move! We then both had an open sandwich of steak and blue cheese with various accoutrements which was nothing short of brilliant. Service was good. We declined the deserts as were "bursting at the seams", but watched a few "pass by" and nearly weakened as they looked so good. Maybe next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Four of us went here on Saturday 15th June (first time for my husband and I) and had a lovely evening.

First impressions when walking in were good and we were greeted in a friendly and professional manner. We had a pre dinner drink in the bar area then prompt at 7.30pm were shown to our table.

Our waitress was good and once we had decided on what wine we wanted it was brought quickly.

It's rather a large menu and it took us sometime to decide but we all had the same starter the asparagus with poached duck egg - the asparagus was cooked to perfection. We all decided for our mains to have chateaubriand and was stunning - the guys wanted it cooked rare and us girls wanted it cooked medium. Both pieces of meat were cooked as asked, very tender and flavoursome.

Our two friends had the sharing dessert and there was enough on the plate to feed the 4 of us.

Overall a very enjoyable evening and we will return but will request that we have a table in restaurant and not the bistro.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have to say that the 3 Acres is perhaps not as consistant as it was a few years ago, I just wonder why the 2 owners are never there these days. In my opinion it is now some -80% of what it was a few years ago, (that is the food and service but of course not their prices). The previous time I had roast beef which was to die for but on the last visit as it was so good last time, I ordered it again. It was poor and in particular the roasted potatoes were terrible and warmed up. Not what you would expect of Yorkshire and the 3 Acres I must say.

We both live in hope of some improvement so do not wish to pull it pieces too much, it is still raved about by most people but certainly hit and miss. The new credit card machine was not functioning and this must have been a disaster for the plastic people, at least I was lucky to have the £100 plus in my back pocket to settle the account in full. You spend all this money only to sit next someone eating a hamburger !!

We will visit again as we have very fond memories of the 3 Acres and can honestly say that we have had the finest of food and wines here in the past even though we do not live round the corner.

1  Thank haymaking
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went for dinner on a Saturday evening. Food was good, especially the Dover Sole which was excellent and weirdly the peas were the best I've ever had! Dessert though was not worth the money, my son had a small meringue with cream and some fruit for nearly seven pounds!!! The service was also not as good as usual, no one to greet you (we had to find someone to tell we had arrived), the wine didn't arrive until half way through our starters, the water glass was chipped, the waitress left us sitting with dirty plates etc. Don't get me wrong I had a good evening and the food was good but I think before booking again I'd consider other places.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Three Acres for lunch, for a start, and we've been going for over 35 years we were not greeted when we went in , very unusual, so we made our way to the bar where we stood for a few minutes before the barman arrived. He made no eye contact at all and when we said we wanted a table for two he asked if we'd booked and when we said no he guided us to the chart of tables near the door , took an age to look through it, it didn't look very full to me , and gave us, very off handedly a choice of two tables, although the place was nearly empty and not likely to fill up. Not a smile or a friendly word, not what we expect at the 3 Acres. to his credit he fixed us up with a drink fairly quickly and thereafter the service, food and staff were excellent. This person needs retraining , he's letting you all down. As far as I could see a smile never passed his lips and his customer service skills were zilch. Apart from him it was the usual enjoyable experience.

3  Thank Margaret H