“Disappointing”

Grappolo
Ranked #36 of 572 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Went here for valentines day and very disappointing as the title says! Things started well, seated quickly and served drinks, placed our order and starters came within ten minutes and very tasty. However it all stopped there, main courses arrived an hour later, my partner had pizza which was more loaded with thick cheese and not much seafood topping, could get better from a takeaway! Then my chicken and beef skewers with rice and arrabiata well there was no sauce and the chicken was dry, beef extremely chewed, I asked for extra sauce to try liven it up and sauce didn't arrive till twenty minutes later at which point thee was no point so sent it back only to be told by the waiter it wasn't his fault, sorry did I say it was? They did refund the cost for my dinner which to be fair they should as I didn't touch it and they did give my partner his dessert for free also. The waitress who served us was lovely and even found me a bunch of red roses to say sorry for my experience which was a nice touch. Would probably go back on a less busy night to try one last time just on the back of the starters being tasty. Everyone deserves a second chance I guess.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Louise R

• Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Horrendous”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Having just returned from Grappolo, I feel compelled to write about how utterly disappointed I am. As a coeliac, I telephoned ahead to check that gluten free options were available for me, and I was assured they would be. Furthermore, I was delighted to hear when we were seated, that gluten free pizza and pasta was an option for me. Our table ordered our starters and mains, and I had decided to have a pizza. An hour later after our starters had been cleared, I was told quite dispassionately that they had no gluten free pizza left. No apology, just I had to have something else. No menu was given to me and so I picked a dish from the specials board, I chose the seabass. When it arrived it was tasteless, except for the areas of it caked in dried chilli flakes. Accompanied by king prawns massaged in enough garlic to subdue even the keenest vampire, it was quite unappetizing and I hasten to add not worth £17.95.
The service was absolutely awful, with the exception of the waiter with the shaved head, who was excellent as always. As a fairly regular customer, I have seen this restaurant start to spiral downwards in quality and value for money. This evening’s proceedings have ruined it for me. This is the last time I will venture to Grappolo, extremely disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Lisa T
UK
“Great second visit”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our second visit here, I wish we lived nearer as it would be great to have Grappolo's as our local Restaurant.
We were celebrating a family birthday and had a great time.
The early bird special is very good value for money but we did not all opt for that choice, the choice of starters is varied and has something to suit every one, we all chose a different one and they were all very good, for the main course we had the Veal masala which was excellent, others had pasta which again were all delicious.
The staff are all very attentive, helpful & friendly they go out of their way to make sure you have a good time.
We will be visiting again the next time we are in Huddersfield.

Visited January 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely night at grapollos and can honestly say I am shocked to see so many negative comments about the service as I thought this was the best bit!!
The lady who took our order was lovely, the waiters are so friendly and even the guy playing the key board had everyone in the restaurant singing along to his music off their own accord and let my daughter have a little go.
All the waiters made a fuss with my 3 year old daughter too. They even brought out the famous pink birthday hat with a nice cream for her.
It's just such a nice atmosphere :) x x x

Visited January 2014
“New Years Eve night complete and utter farce!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked table for 8pm received starter at 9pm main course came at 10.30pm lobster tasted like it had been blasted to death in microwave chewy and hard lamb again cooked to death had one mouthful and left full meals offered a steak replacement that eventually arrived at 11.15 ordered dessert which didn't arrive by 11.45 so we just gave up and went upstairs to disco which we didn't enjoy after fiasco in restaurant seemed like greed had took over with owners packing far too many people in and service was worse than you could over imagine we were regulars at this eatery but never ever again!!!

• Visited December 2013