“Great food, but a bit crowded!”
Review of Grappolo

Grappolo
Ranked #39 of 573 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Huddersfield
“Great food, but a bit crowded!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Absolutely love Grappolos. Have eaten here on many occasions (although realised early on that you definitely have to book as it is always busy!). But despite being busy, the service is always very good. The restaurant has a lively atmosphere, although the tables are very closely packed together and the restaurant can be very crowded and noisy - especially if you're unlucky enough to be put on a table in the middle of lots of large parties. However, the staff are always very friendly and the food is excellent. Definitely one of the best restaurants in Huddersfield!

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good food, good service served in clean, tidy zoo”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited last night - we had booked and were lucky to be given a table away from the main entrance and away from most of the large parties in that evening. Getting to the table was like a snake in the board game as the tables were packed so tightly together there was no direct route. care had to be taken to avoid knocking wine glasses off tables as there were only very tiny gaps between the tables. I suspect the large parties had caused a bit of redistribution but it was simply too busy, and way too noisy. It wasn't a case of the parties causing any particular noise, but just that too many folks had been crammed into the place. I could not hear the next but one person to me on our table.

That said, the service as excellent and attentive, the staff were very helpful and polite and the food was really good. All the food was piping hot and well prepared and presented.

I know we have hard economic times but the owners should really look again at how many people they pack in as their reputation wil suffer if people cannot hear their dining partners speak.

I would probably not visit again, especially on a Saturday night when i would go anywhere else.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Tina_and_Graham
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Could not hear myself think!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely place serving good food at a good price. My only issues with it is when they are busy the place gets so hot inside and very noisy, and on one occasion it was so loud inside I could hardly have a conversation with my partner sat opposite me. Just could not wait to get out. This was a shame because the food and service were great.

UK
“Made to feel very welcome”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been here twice now and on both occasions we felt very welcome and at home, the staff are excellent with children, the food is very authentic.
On both visits we took advantage of the early bird menu which had more than enough choice for everyone, it also includes a glass of wine, the starters are some of the best I have eaten, I really liked the calamari with courgette,.
Overall we will be going back whenever we are up in the north again

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank schatzUk
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Social Evening out”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Group of 16 for a social celebration. We arrived a little early for the meal, and there is little bar room for socialising downstairs, we imagine this would not be a problem in summer, where we have enjoyed the balcony upstairs before.
Service was good, the place was very busy and they seemed to keep everything rolling along nicely.
Food was good too, we had seafood salad & pizza, both OK, and mussels in chilli/tomato sauce (very good, I like 'em spicy!) plus calves liver (excellent!).

• Visited February 2013