“Fab for lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
UK
“Fab for lunch”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch here with family. Good choice of food for lunchtime and good value for money. Be wary when ordering vegetables to go with your main meal, if sharing with others there isn't always enough to go round. But if you're having pudding that means there'll be plenty of room!

Visited September 2013

“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Yesterday evening, my wife and I and two friends had excellent three course meals at Bradley's. As usual, Andrew Bradley was there in person to welcome us in his inimitable, friendly, manner. We have all been going to Bradley's ever since they opened and all considered that the choice was one of the best we had ever seen for a 'Prime time menu'. There was a very good range of choices for each of the three courses, together with a half bottle of wine, for £21.45 per head. Our choices included pigeon breast and mackerel pate as starters, a lovely vegetarian dish and swordfish as mains and cheeseboard and frangipane as pudds.

• Visited September 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A great restaurant and excellent value”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went here with my student son for the evening meal. I had the fixed price menu - 2 courses and half a bottle of wine for £17 and he had steak and chips,Every mouthful was delicious from the warm bread rolls to my bacon sauce- out of this world. Veg were plentiful for me and fresh. His steak was as big as your hand and cooked to his requirement. we shared the trio of puddings, which were gorgeous.The service was very good and the staff helpful but unobtrusive. Relaxed atmosphere, and even though it was a Saturday night, we did not feel hurried. We will certainly visit again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank harrogategal
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Two visits differing opinion both times”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time I dined here was for a friends 30th birthday and there was a large group of us, the place itself is quirky and I like that. However on this particular night when the table asked for an addition basket of bread staff didnt appear happy with it, also on the set menu with the wine uite a few of the party were non drinkers and when asked if they wanted wine nothing else was offered. I had to ask if they could replace the wine with a soft drink, same reluctantly accepted. The food however that night was lovely, I personally could not fault it and those around me also appeared satisfied with the food.
My husband could not unfortunatly attend the birthday party and I expressed so much how he'd like it that we decided to book it for our wedding anniversary.
What a different experience, we booked in however on arrival we ended up just hanging around the bar, I had to ask if we could be seated and was told to sit wherever?
Once sat we ordered from the al la carte menu which appeared impressive in text, my husband had french black pudding which presentation was very poor and the black pudding was like a clump of wet crumbs. I had scollops which were slimy and just didnt really appeal.
Main course was what I can only describe as a birds eye chicken breast with soggy skin, for my husband cows cheek that was full of fat and he was unable to eat. In between waiting for drinks too forever and we decided not to bother staying for a pudding...we wont be returning.
Interestingly when we have spoke to friends who live in huddersfield they have also expressed concern over how hit and miss it is here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank crazyaboutmoo
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great food at sensible prices”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A great place for either lunch, two fine courses for the price of a burger or evening meal with wine for around £20 for three courses. The staff are friendly and welcoming and a good atmosphere in the restaurant. Run and managed by the owner who is usually in the restaurant and keeps a friendly eye on the staff and ensures guests enjoy their visit.

• Visited July 2013