“Lovely family touch”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very friendly. The staff here went out of their way to do everything possible they could to help me, from letting me use the printer to giving me a late-night snack! Always with a smile too. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello! Short but sweet review. I`m so pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. Service to our guests costs nothing and we enjoy it.!
One point I noticed that you scored 3 of 5 for sleep quality. I would be pleased to know the cause so that we may be able to sort out any problems. I do hope this didn`t spoil your stay..
Thank you once again and we do hope to welcome you again.
kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our 5th stay. 5 minutes to football/rugby stadium. Central, very quiet with high security car parking. The family and their staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. Their priority is to make sure that you enjoy your stay and this return.
Breakfasts are amazing with many excellent choices both hot and cold. Hot food is cooked to your liking,you only have to state your preferences. Chinese and Spanish families were happily catered for.
Should you wish to eat in, tables,cutlery etc are available for your use and a wide choice of recommended take-always, plus their telephone numbers, are provided. You can bring your own drinks or buy from the small bar.
A comfortable conservatory is a welcoming feature where one can relax during the day or after a busy day. What more could anyone ask for?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello smwjohnT,
All the fives! 5 minutes to the stadium, 5th visit from yourselves and 5 out of 5 review! What more can I say other than a huge thank you.
Hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed a single night. Despite being in the centre of town, just off the ring road, it was very quiet. Room spacious and comfortable and breakfast was excellent - I'd declared a dairy allergy and the staff knew and checked food for me without my having to ask. Homemade jams were a real treat. We are returning there in a month so you can tell that we thoroughly recommend it

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hello Alyssa, lovely review thank you!
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. When you come back please speak to Janice and Angela, and I'm sure they will be happy for you to take a jar of Angela's home made jam. Many thanks once again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Central Lodge has everything you could need from its amazing staff and management to the comfy and very clean rooms. I would not hesitate staying here again or recommending it to anyone staying in Huddersfield

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hi Karen W,
Thank you for your review, short but sweet!
Always good to have a response from a lone female traveller and of course better still that you have chosen us to post your first review on Trip Advisor.
Hope to see you again when visiting Huddersfield

Best Wishes

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My room was very comfortable and the kitchenette was an unexpected bonus. Lovely friendly staff helped make this a very enjoyable stay. A very nice bar with an excellent barman was just the thing to help relax after work. Breakfast was excellent especially the home made jam! I would thoroughly reccomend the Central Lodge to anybody looking for accommodation in or around Huddersfield.

Room Tip: This time I had a mews room which had a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hi GavinMorrison,

Many thanks for a super review. It seems you certainly enjoyed your stay and the jam! Angela my sister-in-law who makes the jam at home. Would be more than happy for you to take a jar if you visit us again. All the team who you came into contact with have read your review and pass on their thanks. Hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Huddersfield and chose this hotel. We chose a family room as we had our 3-year old twin daughters with us. We had a really enjoyable stay. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and the hotel felt really homely. The family room was spacious and just what we needed. We all had a really good night's sleep. One of my daughters was quite under the weather when we arrived and was very tearful and wingey but the staff were really accommodating and kind to us. The breakfast was very good (although when my 3 year old daughter was served up a full English she said "Where's the pork pie?" That's her Yorkshire heritage shining through, I think.) We would definitely stay at this hotel again as it was comfortable and unpretentious and it's nice to support a family run place rather than some bland conglomerate. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello and thanks for a super review. I seem to remember your daughters had travelled some distance. Did I give them pens and paper to draw with? Sorry about the lack of Pork Pies at breakfast, if we had them on the menu we would eat them all before any guest woke up!
"Bland conglomerate" Nice comment!
The family and team hope to see you all again in God`s own County.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife & I needed two nights accommodation in Huddersfield. We chose the Central Lodge mainly because of its central location and its secure parking. On our arrival we were greeted in the most friendly and efficient way. Information on how to find our way around Huddersfield was readily forthcoming. The room was well equipped and comfortable, breakfast was really excellent and well served. All things considered we would most definitely stay at the Central Lodge again. It represented excellent value for money, the staff were all efficient and friendly and it was a pleasant change from the bland uniformity of a hotel chain.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank George A A

Hello George A A
What a pleasure your review was to read, thank you so much.
You mention a lot of good points and is was nice to see that our town centre location plus on site free secure car park helped in your decision to choose our hotel. Many guest have commented on the importance of these features.
Your review is also the second I have read today which mentions "bland" in relation to some of the national chains. Nice to know we can compete without the big marketing budget of many hotel groups.
Many thanks once again and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Kind regards,