“Lovely, friendly, spaniel-accommodating family-run hotel”

Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Shanklin, United Kingdom
“Lovely, friendly, spaniel-accommodating family-run hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the weekend that we took my daughter up for the start of her first term at the University of Huddersfield. 'We' comprised my daughter, 13-year old son, and our young spaniel, Stanley. We stayed in a very comfortable and clean 3-bed room. The hotel staff made us feel extremely welcome, and did everything they could to meet our needs. It was wonderful to find a hotel that welcomed Stanley so well. The hotel's Night Manager went out of his way to provide us with an excellent dinner from the local Nawaab restaurant. Breakfast in the morning (tasty GF for me; delicious Full English for my daughter) was very pleasant, as we discussed with staff the meaning of the pins on the large map in the dining room. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone. It was such a relief to find such a lovely welcome after a long drive from the IOW, and on a very difficult occasion for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cindy L
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hello Stanley,
I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit. It was a pleasure to meet you and the humans you came with!
Please thank your owners for the review and give my best to the young lady starting university.
Woof Woof!
Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the first time we had stayed in this hotel. Quite an incredible experience from the moment I stepped in to the hotel till the time I checked out, the levels of service was absolutely amazing. It’s a family owned business, the staff is extremely courteous, happy, and friendly and did everything to make my stay comfortable and relaxing. The hotel has an amazing location. If I ever visit London again, I would always prefer to stay in Central Lodge Huddersfield. Truly a Congenial Experience!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bahauddin K
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello Mr K,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned we are a family owned business and we pride ourselves on friendliness and customer care. It was also nice to know that you would be happier here than in London. Quite a comment!
My best wishes and hope to see you again
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights in June whilst working in Huddersfield.

The location is great, just a short walk from the train station, the theatre (where I was working) and shops / bars.

The staff were extremely friendly and did everything to make my stay comfortable. They also gave me a map with all the eating and drinking places pointed out to help me get around.

I couldn't really comment on value for money as it was booked and paid by work, but knowing my work, in guessing it was good value!

Unfortunately, I got back too late to sample the bar :-(

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Bobtidy
Dear Bobtidy,
Many thanks for your review, it's always good to hear people who are working away from home feel comfortable and relaxed when staying with us. Sorry you missed the bar but if you stay with us again the first drink is on us!

Best wishes
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights 24th-26th september 6 of us for a wedding. Recommended by a local so thought it must be good! Got a really good deal as they have deals on in September. Rooms were lovely only negative our room smelt of smoke and I don't smoke so noticed this. The beds were so comfy better than my one at home!! The breakfast faultless the staff do an amazing job will do anything for you. Everyone was lovely. Right near the city centre which is a blessing with all the one way roads in huddersfield! Will defiantly be back next time we visit Huddersfield. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Frankielovestotravel
JoeatCentrallodge, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
First of all a big thank you for a lovely review and kind comments regarding our hotel.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the smell of smoke, we do have a small amount of dedicated rooms for smoking. Unfortunately some guests smoke in rooms where it is not allowed. I'm glad to say this is a very rare occurrence and I do hope that it did not spoil your stay.
Hope to see you in the future and thanks again for the review.
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

After arriving at Huddersfield train station, I received a personal escort to the hotel by a Police Community Support Officer. Upon arrival, Joe the Manager and proprietor of this family-run establishment greeted me with gusto and ensured my suitcase was carried to my room. I was very impressed by the size of the room and it was in pristine condition.
I was able to settle in quickly and within an hour of arrival I was sat in the bar chatting with Steve over a complimentary drink where I had dinner in what I perceived to be a safe and secure environment. The breakfast and standards of service the next morning was excellent and even though I didn't get the job I would stay again if ever I decided to have a weekend away in Huddersfield. Keep up the high levels of service. Kind regards Nick.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nick J
Not much I can say other than a big thank you for a lovely review.
You seem to of covered everything from arrival to departure.
I'm really sorry you didn't get the job, and I wish you all the best in the future ( hopefully anymore interviews you attend will be in Huddersfield!)

All the best
Tokyo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife (called Missy) and myself are very happy with staying Huddersfield Central Lodge as tourists from Japan. We have visited there many times since 2007. Our total stays may be more than 100 days. Their breakfast is fresh, big and of a great variety. The room with kitchenette which we like is spacy, quiet and clean. Most importantly, they are very friendly. What I'm mostly impressed is they are keeping their standards very high for years. Huddersfield is a convenient town for travelling around Yorkshire. It has good access both by rail and bus. We may not think of staying in Manchester or Leeds, because it should cost more. So when we visited north England, we always stay in Huddersfield Cetral Lodge. Great place, great hotel!

Room Tip: Just ask them what you prefer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Junichi
Great review!
It is not very often that we have visitors from Japan so this makes a review from yourself important. Please pass our best wishes to Missy and all our family hope to see you again in the future.
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Family run business where you are made to feel welcome and treated as a human being. Excellent for people visiting the town on business short and long trips. The owners go out of their way to help you to settle in the town and provide friendly advice. The breakfast is SUPERB. Unfortunately I am now a resident of Huddersfield and will not get a chance to enjoy this on a business trip :(

Room Tip: If you are on a long business trip you can ask for a room with a kitchenette. The hotel is near supe...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank HEC2002
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Good review for which I thank you.
Now that you are a 'townie' you can still call in to our bar any evevning. Regarding you comment on superb breakfast, give me a call any afternoon or earlier evening and perhaps you may wish to come to the lodge for breakfast before heading to work,
Thanks again for a lovely review and don't be a stranger!