“EXCELLENT CAFFE SHOP”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT CAFFE SHOP”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We visit the venecia caffe on a very regular basis, at least twice a week (more if I can persuade Hubby) The service is quick and pleasant with a really good choice of coffees and teas. The food and cakes are also very appetizing and are freshly made. Its lovely to see the owner always in attendance with his friendly chat to all the customers. We feel Huddersfield is very lucky to have such a lovely coffeeshop which is independently owned. Give it a try!!!!

• Visited January 2014

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A relaxing venue for a coffee”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Enjoyed an impromptu soup and tea break at CV. A relaxing and very comfortable atmosphere with good service and a quality soup of the day with brown bread. Staff and manager very friendly and sociable. Will definitely be back soon!

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Visited for the first time today with a friend. Excellent coffee, very friendly and efficient staff and a great atmosphere. This will definitely be my coffee house of choice from now on. Great to see an independent business doing it so well. I will be recommending Caffe Venecia to all my friends and colleagues.

1 Thank Joanne T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been a regular customer here since it opened. The staff are lovely & provide an excellent service. There are a variety of special Teas that are great & the coffee is lovely. The food is fresh & delicious. Don't be put off by the previous review I think they must have been somewhere else!

Huddersfield
“Little gem - reasons to be cheerful!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Being a big fan of independent cafe's (although I must confess to the odd visit to Costa!) this is one of the best I've come across in a long time. My wife had already visited and gave it rave reviews so we decided to visit on the way back to the car on a Saturday shopping trip. I like a nice coffee but my real drink of choice is tea and the Venetian doesn't disappoint. Its not unusual to find fruit teas (not my bag - pardon the pun) and the obligatory Earl Grey (one of my favourites) but Tony provides a delightful array of choice (without being too exhausting to decide!) and I thoroughly enjoyed my light and refreshing pot of Darjeeling. The tea is served in a reassuringly sturdy teapot and a really nice touch is the little timer, with three selections, so you know how long to brew your tea - and the waitress very kindly tells you which one to use for your leaf of choice. My wife also had a speciality tea (delicious, apparently) but had previously had coffee which she said was excellent. We also indulged in a piece of cake (again, a good selection to choose from) which was fresh and extremely good. My wife has also had lunch there and says the sandwiches are fresh, tasty and generous with the filling.
Tony is a very friendly and welcoming host and his staff are attentive, polite and, most importantly, they smile!! All in all this is a real gem in the centre Huddersfield and well worth seeking out to relax and enjoy a cuppa. We will certainly be regular visitors and this is exactly the kind of independent business on the high street that deserves and needs our support. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Mo M