All reviews da sandro an italian restaurant room service free wifi car park cleaning staff the ground floor lovely hotel english breakfast special thanks restaurant next door next morning couple of nights enjoyed my stay huddersfield area short drive busy road
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Have been staying here for a number of years when I travel to Huddersfield to visit my mum. Staff are extremely friendly and courteous, very welcoming on arrival.
Rooms are comfortable although I would say they are now due for an upgrade. Shower in room was poor, water was barely luke warm and the pressure was also poor. There is no handrail in the shower and without a shower mat in the bath, anyone with poor mobility would struggle.
Having said that, I would not stay anywhere else. Breakfast is amazing, good choice and made to order and hot !
Would highly recommend Da Sandro which is right next door for a meal in the evening, it is very busy, so would recommend you book. Food is very good and a reasonable price, excellent choice with daily recommendations in addition to the A la Carte menu.
Hotel is a very good price and would still recommend. They clearly have a regular clientele which is tantamount to the service they provide.
I always request a room at the back which is quiet as rooms overlooking the very busy main road leading to M62 has a constant flow of traffic even through the night.

Room tip: Rooms on ground floor at rear of hotel are quieter and saves carrying cases up stairs as there is no lift.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and this really is a gem of a hotel, I was a bit nervous upon arrival as it was so cheap but OMG what a lovely hotel .
Room was clean and a comfy bed with plenty of choice of pillows
Breakfast was to order and was excellent
Donna on reception was helpful and a lovely member of staff
Would I return ..... hell yes

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank markscouse17
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

We arrived on the afternoon of the 21st ready for herbirthday on the 22nd.On arrival servive was excellant. We spent the evening quietly in the hotel having inhouse sandwiches. The next morning we met family and spent the day shopping.We returned early evening and had a family meal at da sandra reastaurant which is on site. Although not the cheapest I would highly reccommend a visit to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank eddie p
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Been meeting my manager here for the last 12 months for 121’s as it’s half way between where we both live.

We sit in the lounge area, grab lunch and/or a coffee. The WiFi signal is great and the staff are always friendly and happy to help!

Food is pleasant, good value for the money and fills a hole! Don’t expect a large menu, it has a lunch selection of sandwiches and soups.

Keep coming back every month and will continue!

1  Thank donnydweller
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

A good evening. Just wish we had felt better than we did. Health wuse i mean. Hotel room nice warm comfortable. Water hot. Bed comfortable. New years eve nice meal. Breakfast a good choice. Staff all friendly and helpful

Date of stay: December 2018