“FABULOUS!!!!”

Ranked #24 of 526 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to San Vito restaurant, one of the most original and modern Italian restaurants in Huddersfield. Our food and wine menus have been specially selected with care by Angelo & Marco. Our Modern creations and daily specials are there for our guests to enjoy.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the first time I had been to San Vito after hearing so many people at work say how good it is. We were seated quickly and had some olives and bread whilst we looked at the menu. The wine that was served was really crisp and full of flavour. I had the Steak and it was cooked to perfection and my partner had the Pollo Patatini (think thats spelt correctly) and that was good also. For dessert we both had Chocolate Fudge Cake that just melted in the mouth!! the service was fantastic and the decor is really good. I would recommend this restaurant to all.

5  Thank Paul A

Reviewed March 9, 2013

San vito is a restaurant I have often walked past and tonight i'm glad I went in. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was incredible. Loads of flavour and good portion sizes. Main courses were also excellent. Desert menu was varied and our waitress helped us to make the right choice (tiramisu!).

Prices were very reasonable and we will certainly be back very soon.

Highly recommended

6  Thank quorn99
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Been here twice. Valentines day and yesterday. Pizza pasta any starter and glass of wine for £10.95. Very good value.
Calzone pizza is very nice. Staff are very friendly. Nice restaurant. Not a lot of atmosphere. I think it's too hidden as in not main part of town. The grandisca artisan beer is excellent if a little pricy at £4.95. Worth a try at least. Can't fault the food at all maybe portions are a little small

1  Thank liamf_07
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went with friends/relatives they have been here before the chef/owner is Italian from Puglia the service was excellent waiters couldn,t do enough for you as far as food typical pugliese food ie not britalian the risotto with porcini mushrooms was made there and then missus had lobster filled pasta with pesto she said it was lovely(didn,t get a taste) all the other starters and mains were just as good but i won,t bore you with details try it for yourselves my sweet consisted of 4 small puddings on a lo----ng plate wife couldn,t finish hers the wine was £10.50 a bottle didn,t try the beer cos i was driving
when i complimented the waiter on the food he invited me into kitchen without asking chef/boss it was spotless ( how many restaurants do that ? ) would certainly go again soon but pay this time (we gave the tip as it was a treat from daughters in laws) do try it you you will not be disappointed i,m sure ..ps they do a special offer starter main and a glass of wine monday to friday

4  Thank franny59
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

San Vito is part of the Huddersfield hotel and has been refurbished into what is now a lovely looking restaurant. I went with my husband and daughter recently and we were greeted and seated by a very efficient friendly waiter who couldn't do enough. The starters came and the reviews from my family were mixed. I had a lovely asparagus gratin and my daughter had prawns. Both were great. My husband ordered a type of baked mozzarella cheese and ham thing which he was very disappointed. He described it an uninspired, sloppy mess.

Our main courses came and they were very poor. I ordered risotto and whilst it was a tasty dish in it's own right, it was nothing like risotto. It was piled up, almost in a pyramid-like shape, on the plate. Good risotto should be relaxed and sumptuous. My daughter has seafood spaghetti which was awful. The seafood was way, way overlooked (yes I did mean to write 'way' twice!) and was cooked in a very strong fish stock which almost tasted off. My husband had ravioli which came in the same stock. The portions were very small which would have bothered us if the food was nice. We ordered puddings which were standard frozen desserts, and they didn't do a cheese board. The wine was lovely as was the beer, although the beer was £5 a bottle.

I'm not sure if this place was having an off day. I so wanted it to be good. I may return in a few months and give it another go, but I certainly won't be in a rush to.

2  Thank SALLYCAHILL