“Sunday Lunch Carvery in the snow!”

Pennine Manor Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 573 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch Carvery in the snow!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were taken here by my parents-in-law for their birthday celebrations and I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it! I thought it would be overcooked, cheap joints of meat served with soggy veg and no style. How wrong I was!
The Sunday we went was very snowy and we were pleased to see that others had battled through the snow for this Sunday Carvery. The place was warm, welcoming and reasonably priced (£16.50 for 3 courses).
A choice of starters which were served to you, then a choice of 3 meats from the Carvery (other options were on the menu - salmon and vegetarian) with a large selection of vegetables and potatoes. Then puds. I'm a stickler for my Roast Beef to be Sirloin (not Topside, please) and was very pleased to see it at the Carvery (a little pinker would have been even better).
The service was good and attentive and it was nice that they could accommodate the 8 of us o a round table. The decor was starting to look a little dated.
So all in all, I was glad I went and shall return again on a less snowy Sunday

• Visited January 2013
rsdeckers, Guest Relations Manager at Pennine Manor Restaurant, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear roo1306
We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations, the quality of our meat is of paramount importance to us, along with the accompaniments. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Pennine Manor”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Where else can you get views like you can at the Hilltop Restaurant at the Pennine Manor? On a clear day you can see for 70 miles! The food is excellent the service is fantastic synonimous with Decker restauraunts, you are getting good value for money. Another place i would highly recommend to aanyone.

Visited December 2012
rsdeckers, Guest Relations Manager at Pennine Manor Restaurant, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Royster, thank you for you review, the venue is in an enviable location, with stunning views of the local area that are not easily beaten. We are proud of the quality of our food and really pleased that you agree. We thank you for your review and recommendation, your comments will be passed to the team who will be delighted.