“Afternoon tea offer a let down!”

Neaversons Tea House & Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have been to this tea room many times and have always had fab service and lovely food.We saw an offer on Groupon for sparkling afternoon Tea which we have had before and really enjoyed. As it was one of our friends 30th birthday we thought this would be a lovely treat. I have to say it was not the same as we had had at full price and if they are trying to encourage new customers by having this offer then it should represent the same quality. The sandwiches were tiny ( child size )and the fillings were basic! If anyone had not been before they would definatley not go back and pay £19 per person for what we were presented with.
I feel that they should have limited the amount of offers sold so that they could replicate the same lovely tea that they serve normally.

Sorry guys !!

3  Thank SueR402
Neaversons, Owner at Neaversons Tea House & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks for your review Sue, The only criticism we have had with our afternoon teas is that the sandwiches were too big and not the traditional finger sandwiches that people expected. As you know the tiered stand still comes full of all our lovely handmade cakes and cupcakes and chocolates. We have made the change to the finger sandwiches to which most people have been very happy with. The standard price for the afternoon tea is £14 and considering the number of happy customers who leave with their bags full of cake, I think we are delivering a great product. I hope you will be back to see us soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing atmosphere, nice food and Yorkshire tea....... What more could you want for a perfect afternoon tea?

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having brought my family here on a number of occasions, I thought it about time to put a review on as Neaversons has quickly become a firm favourite with my family. We found it by accident earlier this year and ended up having coffee and cake, but it was so unexpectedly different that we had to try coming for dinner. We were charmed by the candle lit restaurant and how we were looked after. My family had a celebration planned in May and we found out they had a private dining area, needless to say my whole family loved it. A big thank you to the ladies who served us that evening, you are now firmly on our reasons to visit Huddersfield list!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went for an evening meal having been recommended by friends. Everything about this place was fantastic. The waiter (the owner I believe) made us feel very welcome and can be justifiably proud of this lovely building. Our food was gorgeous, my wife and her friend have not eaten so much in a long while! I had no idea this restaurant was here and we have already booked to come again with work colleagues. Very fine place.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We did lunch and had a fantastic meal. The fish pie is spectacular, the fish n chips better than many chip shops and the queenies are divine. The service was great and the atmosphere in the Art Deco listed tea room is unique. We will definitely be going again.

1  Thank ASJ51