“Gorgeous food and amazing ice cream”
Review of Yummy Yorkshire

Yummy Yorkshire
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Huddersfield
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Yummy Yorkshire is an award-winning, artisan ice cream producer, making the most delicious luxury dairy ice cream using ingredients sourced as close to their Yorkshire farm as possible. The onsite ice cream parlour and restaurant sells speciality coffees and teas, homemade cakes as well as a selection of freshly cooked food by the resident chef. Children are also very welcome at Yummy Yorkshire and are catered for with their very own hot and cold children's menu. Yummy Yorkshire hosts regular events for customers throughout the year including Easter Family Days, Open Farm Sunday, Tractor Fest, Spooky Halloween and Christmas Events in December. The site also hosts Wedding receptions in both the barn and the fields for marquees, yurts and tipis.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food and amazing ice cream”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the first time we have visited this place and I must say we will return. We purchased a sandwich (ham and cheese) plus two ice creams. The sandwich was one of the best I have had, fresh thick ham and gorgeous thick cheese and plenty of it, they weren't tight with the fillings like some places.

The ice creams were divine, I was stuck for choice on the flavours so I went for strawberry. The woman then told me would you like another flavour or the same, telling a pregnant lady she can have two different flavours as I am indecisive and could have happily eaten them all will bring me back here again and again :) I ended up having strawberry and chocolate in a double cone with a flake. My partner had caramel fudge double cone.

Best ice cream I have ever had! Service was great too to say it was extremely busy.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SLAN24

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“The Ice Cream Looked VERY GOOD”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were in the need for coffee as we left Huddersfield so stopped at this farm which was in the middle of nowhere (although on a busy main road). It was pretty busy, despite it's strange location.

We had coffee and a cream tea (their own whipped cream - sorry, not the same as clotted cream!).

However as we left we stopped and gawped at the range of ice creams - they looked heavenly and we wished we'd left room for some. Maybe next time...

• Visited July 2013
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, March 2, 2016
Let's hope you have made it back for ice cream. We produce our own milk and cream on the farm so it seems a shame not to use it. Clotted cream is very good though I can't argue with that...but it is as with all things a matter of taste
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Yummy Icecream with lots of variety!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place with nice menu for light meals. kids activities indoor and out. Icecream flavours amazing too many to choose!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Edgey27
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you very much for giving us a review
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Shocked at customer service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Lovely food kids loved it but had to bite my lip as customer service not up to standard. I know what it is like being customer facing and I would not be going back anytime soon and won't be recommending it.

• Visited June 2013
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We take all feedback very seriously and I'm sorry that you have been disappointed by your visit to us. However, your review gives me very little to respond to or to try and rectify. Please could you email me on indulge@yummyyorkshire.co.uk with more details so that I can effectively manage the issue. Thank you
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staff First Customer Care!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Warning! Yummy Yorkshire may say they close at 5.00pm but what they mean is that customers have to be out by that time. Having been served at close to 5.00pm we'd no sooner sat down than the staff began aggressively and deliberately moving tables and chairs, making such a din that it was impossible to talk and painful on the ear. All customers were effectively driven outside and had to finish their ice creams/food on the hoof. There was much grumbling. Such a disrespectful attitude to paying customers speaks of poor staff training, and that in turn reflects on the quality of the management.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tim B
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with us. I had been made aware of your complaint and we do take these matters seriously. We had a meeting to discuss this last week and we have made some changes as a result. The aim is never to usher anyone out of the door but that staff did feel under a bit of pressure on that evening as we had a children's party in the shop and there is a very fine balance between operating the business and offering a great experience to those customers and doing the same for our evening guests when there is only 30 minutes between one event finishing and another starting. We have made changes to our schedule to account for this on the few times during the month that we do parties so customers won't feel under pressure to leave the building. Please accept our apologies.