“The best”

Yummy Yorkshire
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Huddersfield
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Yummy Yorkshire is an award-winning, artisan ice cream producer, making the most delicious luxury dairy ice cream using ingredients sourced as close to their Yorkshire farm as possible. The onsite ice cream parlour and restaurant sells speciality coffees and teas, homemade cakes as well as a selection of freshly cooked food by the resident chef. Children are also very welcome at Yummy Yorkshire and are catered for with their very own hot and cold children's menu. Yummy Yorkshire hosts regular events for customers throughout the year including Easter Family Days, Open Farm Sunday, Tractor Fest, Spooky Halloween and Christmas Events in December. The site also hosts Wedding receptions in both the barn and the fields for marquees, yurts and tipis.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The liquorice is the best ice cream...ever. They also do lovely sandwiches and hot drinks and very family friendly with an outside play area and wandering chickens. Worth a visit!

Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2016

Our liquorice ice cream is our biggest award winner to date. As much as we try we still haven't topped it so we are glad you are a lover

There are newer reviews for Yummy Yorkshire

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a small family oriented restaurant providing freshly cooked food which is locally sourced. The staff are pleasant and the food wholesome. When the weather permits children are able to use up some energy in an outdoor playground or covered play barn.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you have been able to experience our Supper Clubs along with our day time offer

Reviewed February 28, 2013

A lovely little ice cream parlour selling spectacular ice cream with many flavours to choose from. The ice cream is made on site and they are regularly introducing new innovative flavours to try.
They also sell a decent coffee and if its not raining there's a great play area outside for the kids

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We found Yummy Yorkshire with Google search for home made ice cream and have become firm fans in the two years since that day!

Quite often we'll head over on a quiet Sunday for lunch - and of course an amazing ice cream. I've tried lots of the flavours (I try to have something different every time) but there are still so many I've yet to sample. I can honestly say I've never been disappointed. It's become a bit of 'destination' for us!

The first time we ate at Yummy Yorkshire we both had a hot roast beef sandwich, which I can honestly say was out of this world - so much so that we still talk about it now!

Moving on to the ice cream, Marmalade Cheescake and Oreo and Cream are my husband's favourites to date whilst I love the Elderflower and Gooseberry.

I'd highly recommend Yummy Yorkshire to anyone - couples, families, parties.... it's a fab local business doing what it does extremely well!

Thank you for your lovely comments we really appreciate you taking the time to review us

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Whether its a warm summers day or an icey cold one (to eat inside) Yummy Yorkshire provide gorgeous ice cream. I last visited near christmas and was thrilled to see flavours such as figgy pudding and Christmas cake ice cream as well as one of my favourites, salted caramel. You can buy larger tubs to take home too. They had a lovely Christmas marquee attached to the cafe and we even picked up a couple of gifts. I was amazed to see that you could even buy an ice cream gift hamper! I've also had lunch here and, while there isn't a great range of choice, what I had was lovely. In the summer they have a bouncy castle for the kids so it makes a great trip out.

We are glad you like the Ice Cream Hamper...we are chuffed when we came up with the idea...it's been a hit ever since...the most unusual hamper you'll find!