“Birds of Prey Display” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yummy Yorkshire

Yummy Yorkshire
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Yummy Yorkshire is an award-winning, artisan ice cream producer, making the most delicious luxury dairy ice cream using ingredients sourced as close to their Yorkshire farm as possible. The onsite ice cream parlour and restaurant sells speciality coffees and teas, homemade cakes as well as a selection of freshly cooked food by the resident chef. Children are also very welcome at Yummy Yorkshire and are catered for with their very own hot and cold children's menu. An outside garden area is available with children's toys in the warmer months and during the summer holidays, Yummy Yorkshire converts one of its barns into a Play Barn with indoor go karts and Little Tykes ride on for the toddlers. Yummy Yorkshire hosts regular events for customers throughout the year including Easter Family Days, Open Farm Sunday, Tractor Fest, Spooky Halloween and Christmas Events in December. The site also hosts Wedding receptions in both the barn and the fields for marquees, yurts and tipis.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Birds of Prey Display”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We came along to Yummy Yorkshire to see your FREE Birds of prey display recently, We had a FANTASTIC afternoon! We saw the display, enjoyed some very yummy ice cream and also had the most AMAZING minted Lamb casserole (special of the day) that I've ever had!
Its not often that you can get anything for free these days, so with the play barn in the summer months and the Birds of Prey display.. FANTATSIC!
Thankyou! Keep up the good work!!

Visited October 2012
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the falconry display. Moorland Falconry are another local business and they have been great to work with. I have passed our your compliments regarding the lamb casserole to chef Jacqui. Thank you

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We first found Yummy Yorkshire Ice Cream about 6 months ago. Since then we have been back a number of times. They have a great range of quality ice creams made on the farm. The flavours change regularly so there is always a choice to be made about which flavour/s you are going to try.

The Brown Bread and Jam ice cream is amazing. I've been recommending it to my friends since I first tried it. The seasonal Parkin flavour that was available for Bonfire Night was really good and for the children the chocolate ice cream is the best I've ever had.

If you want ice cream to take home they sell various sizes of freezer packs in a range of flavours.

If you don't fancy ice cream the restaurant sells a range of hot drinks and very good home made cakes.

The service is excellent. I recently enquired about whether it would be possible to get a freezer pack of Brown Bread ice cream so I could share it with family and friends at home. Within a couple of days Louise had arranged this and I had 2 litres in my freezer.

There are regularly special activities like birds of prey displays which you can find out about on the Internet Site.

I will be back very soon to sample the Christmas ice creams.

• Visited November 2012
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for such kind comments. We love it when our customers get as excited about our ice cream as we do. We love making ice cream the way we do as it gives us the flexibility to meet requests like yours. I love the brown bread and jam ice cream too.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Popped in in way home after day out, for a hot drink, and ended up having tub of ice cream. Absolutely delicious! (try the salted caramel flavour). Pleasant surroundings, acceptable service, and very tasty food! Great selection of ice cream flavours too!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Louise H, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We are glad you discovered us. Salted caramel is a particular flavour of ours too. Well done to my hubby for suggesting it as a flavour. The Great Taste Awards agreed too giving it 2 Gold stars. More exciting flavours to come!
Holmfirth
“A nice day spoilt by a monster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I love this stuff you haven't tasted icecream until you sample thier liquorice flavour or marmalade mmmmm
However I took my little girl in on her birthday she had a novelty cup of icecream when she finished she noticed there wee ones for girls and 1 for boys (pink and blue). So she asked if she could swap it, we'll the reaction from who I presume is the manageress was appauling she snapped no to my child and when she said it was her birthday she just stated like she didn't give a hoot, She then proceeded to argue with me , to the point someone shouted let her have tenchbowl, I own children's day nurseries and I would not want such an awfull women working for me. A nice day spoilt.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paulhuduk
LouiseHolmes, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I'm so sorry that your daughter was upset by not being able to swap her fun mug. Please accept our apologies. E,mail me your name sales@yummyyorkshire.co.uk and next time you visit please ask your daughter to select another fun mug to take home with our compliments.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Super ice cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Been coming here since it opened about 3 or 4 years ago. The ice cream is excellent and a very wide range of flavours available. A favourite place to visit for my grandson who lives outside the area. Recently extended dining area has been well done, but the refrigeration equipment is very noisy and intrusive, especially at times when the place is not busy (is there no way they can quieten it down as it's very annoying and is the only bad feature of the place?). Still, decent food/drink (including coffee and snacks) is available with pleasant seating areas outside as well - though the nearby farmyard smells can be slightly off-putting at times. Fresh milk, ice cream, etc. to take out also. The large car parks are useful and the children's playthings look good.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sheffielder007
LouiseHolmes, Owner at Yummy Yorkshire, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for the comments and we are glad you like what we do. We are conscious of the refrigerator noise but sadly it is a feature of any place with equipment like this. Our equipment is new but we are looking at ways to muffle the sound of the machine switching to defrost mode. As for farm yard smells...sorry we are the real deal it's a farm. Cows poop I'm afraid but at least it confirms our food miles are zero! Hope you continue to enjoy and that the place is always so busy you can't hear the freezer. I'll ask the cows to keep their legs crossed or at least run to the furthest field when they feel the urge...they are fairly intelligent animals I'm sure we can sort something!