“Bad customer service”
Review of Hussain's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hussain's Curry Bistro Lindley is Sabeen Hussain's take on cooking and serving a more individual approach to Asian cuisine.
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This is no way a review on the food. Which was perfect as usual. It is the customer service which was appalling. We received the bill and it was about £10 more than expected. The mistake was another couples items added to our bill. And the price for our wine(house wine) was £11.50 I think. We got a corrected bill and the price for the wine was increased to £12.50.(not exactly correct but a difference in the price of about a £1) my mother then circled this to point it out to me. The bill was £83.50 which was paid in full. I then received a phone call from the owner? Questioning why we circled it and we owed money. I said we ordered the house wine which was a cheaper price on the previous bill. To be told we don't have a house wine?? (Which means the cheapest wine a restaurant sells).

That is such bad practise from a owner. Most places would apologise for the incorrect bill and offer a free desert or take something extra off the bill.
Instead Hussein's harrass a customer via telephone. It's a real shame because the food is spot on.

2  Thank liamf_07
25yearsinthecurrypot, Owner at Hussain's, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Liamf_07,
I am sorry that there has been an issue with your tab. The Restaurant is entitled to payment in full otherwise theft may be deemed. These are the facts:

Your table ordered a bottle of house red. You were offered Valpolicella or Shiraz. You chose Shiraz at £12.50 which is displayed on the drinks tariff on yours & every table.

Your tab included a round of drinks and popadoms for an adjoining table. This mistake was pointed out, rectified and apologised for. The drinks were even brought to your table in error and you advised me of this. I struggle to see where an expectation for free drinks, discount or desserts may arise.

Your amended tab was presented which was for £83.50 and you marked a note saying
'original price £11.50' under the wine itemised at £12.50 although the wine was charged at £12.50 on both tabs.

You paid £82 which left a shortfall of £1.50 hence the call on principle for underpayment.

In that your account differs from this I'll summarise the maths:

Original bill £91.20
Items removed £7.70 (please verify for your own comfort)
Revised bill £83.50

I do hope that you can understand the frustration in being underpaid in view of the facts as presented above. The mention of freebies does somewhat colour your account.
Lets move on. Please keep the money.

Sabeen Hussain.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I went to Hussains with a friend 2 weeks ago and we had a wonderful evening. The food and service were excellent. We skipped the starters, just conentrating on the popadoms & pickles, the pickles were unusual and very tasty. My chicken chill had a stuffed chilli pepper in the dish which, quite frankly, I could have eaten a dozen of because it was divine and really enhanced the whole dish! The atmosphere was casual, friendly and relaxed. The food is excellent. Will definitely be going again soon as it is only 2 streets away from where we live so it is very handy to be able to walk to a local restaurant.

1  Thank trish n
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'd been to Street in Brighouse.... one of my favourite restaurants so was keen to try Hussain's. We went to get a takeaway but ended up eating in - the decor was so inviting. We hadn't booked but the lady at front of house sorted us out a table.
The menu has the usual favourites but also some unusual dishes to try.
Our food was delicious. The staff were really friendly and the bill was no shock!
Loved it - briliant - will go back again for sure

2  Thank Anita B
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had a beautiful meal last night at Hussains, the food was amazing and the service was fantastic, very friendly:0) Been when it was street in huddersfield and brighouse...
Highly recommended...
Rebooked already

1  Thank Hatty2014
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here on Saturday night.
Popadoms and pickle tray are recomended
Very helpful and friendly staff.
Would recomend this restaurant!!!

1  Thank Chrisat33