“Great food, atmosphere & staff, great Saturday evening!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hussain's - CLOSED

Hussain's
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Hussain's Curry Bistro Lindley is Sabeen Hussain's take on cooking and serving a more individual approach to Asian cuisine.
“Great food, atmosphere & staff, great Saturday evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Four of us ate here on Sat night and had a fantastic time. Our food was excellent (haddock masala starter highly recommended!), the service was attentive but really friendly. We had starters, mains with rice and naan which all came to around £50 for all of us which I think is brilliant value. I'd really recommend Hussain's and we will certainly be back again. Thanks for a great evening!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Really nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night, had not booked but got a table, first time I have been, food was really good, well done.

1 Thank nigel c
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great value meal with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The front of house lady was really friendly and helpful and all the staff were eager to please.

Great pickle tray with eight different dips, the usual plus some more unusual ones that were really tasty.

Starters - Bread Pakoras were delicious and really filling, hubbie enjoyed his Prawn Purée.

Main - Garlic Butter Karhai and Chicken Karhai, Garlic Naan & Pilau Rice. The mains were ok, nothing to write home about though.

Dessert - Almond Kulfi & Pistachio Kulfi, absolutely delicious! Hubbie not really a pudding fan so I ate most of his too.

All this plus a bottle of wine, two cobras and a Desperado all for a very reasonable £53.

We'll be going back and probably take the kids next time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Huddersfield
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hussain's is a wonderful restaurant which has become a regular eatery for me and my family. Huddersfield is full of curry houses and I have eaten in most of them but this one takes some beating. The food here is fresh and you can really taste the wonderful ingredients and expert spicing. Quite often curries are over salted but not here, the flavours are quite something. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and is spread over two floors. The staff are really very friendly, polite and knowleagable about the dishes. Sabine who runs front of house is brilliant, she always gives us a warm welcome and ensures we have a great time. The food and drink are reasonably priced and the presentation of the food is truly beautiful. It's a great curry experience all round! If you want a more up market curry this is the place to go! I have lost count how many times we have been but can't wait to again. Keep up the good work and thanks for always making us feel welcome and providing a fabulous dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Poor service and poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Four of us visited at the end of January, after receiving a leaflet drop that it had recently changed name and reduced it's prices.

Upon entry we weren't shown to our table instead we were simply told our table was over there and made our way over to be seated.

After quite a while of waiting we were finally brought the menu's and then a while after that was asked if we would like some poppadoms and a pickle tray and drinks. I have to estimate that 30 minutes passed before we received these.

We then made our order and it has to be one of the worst curries I have ever had. I don't think they understood the idea of me asking for a mild as it was so spicy I could barely eat it - even adding some raita didn't seem to make much difference that it looked as though I had barely touched my plate.

The two diners that we were with had visited before when it was called Street but apparently under the same ownership and said that the food was good but a little pricy but now they felt that the food and the service had gone downhil.

Definitely not somewhere I would visit again and infact we actually make a 7 mile round trip for a decent takeaway curry!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Katrinadionne1808
karachiboxer, Owner at Hussain's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Katrinadionne1808,
it's galling to hear of a negative experience at Hussain's. The lady in charge that received you and tried to rectify your meal to your taste is generally acknowledged as a deft hand at managing service. I have been advised that you would't allow your meal to be taken away to me made milder.
This doesn't compensate for the underwhelming reception or the slow service. I hope you can consider trying us again as we sincerely seem to have created a very busy little shop with a loyal following from curryphiles that know their dansaks from their dopiazas.

Really really sorry for sending you away disgruntled.

Shehzad Hussain.