Spent a fantatastically superb evening with friends, some of whom have eaten here before.
A great choice of starters and mains with some very nice sounding puddings and sweets to follow.
I had the duck starter which was excellent, (although a litte messy as no finger bowl was offered or given), and the fish and chips as my main. The main plate was well presented and as the first bite is with the eye I was looking forward to enjoying my meal.
Unfortunately that is where the high expectation from rated reviews turns to slight dissapointment.
The fish was very flakey and washed out, not chunky and firm as expected. The batter didn't stand upto the review either. As a beer batter I was looking forward to a crispy and tasty experience, what I got was oily and a little soggy. The chips were very average and didn't taste like they were cooked in beef dripping as advertised. All very edible just not as expected.
I didn't order a pudding as I had lost my enthusiasm for anything else.
Although I was not blown away with the eating experience the evening still offered much enjoyment. The wide range of beers, wines and spirits from the bar is the best I have ever seen and very well kept and presented. The decor of the restaurant is slightly dated but still very interesting, the whole package created a wonderful atmosphere.
I would eat here again and recommend it but with resvervastion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to The Three Acres Inn and Restaurant, set in beautiful Pennine countryside with a 40 year reputation for excellent food & first class service and voted Dining Pub of the Year 2015 by Yorkshire Life. Browse this season's menu below, or book accommodation with us here and we look forward to offering you a warm hospitable welcome when you visit us. At the very heart of The Three Acres lies a deep passion for food. We take pride in the calibre of our chefs with their creative flair and keen eye for detail under the lead of Head Chef Tom Davies. Our inspiration comes from food itself and the market fresh produce available for the season, allowing kitchen to craft dishes with a distinct and unique Three Acres style. Dine with us and experience our passion. The Three Acres has been owned by Neil Truelove and Brian Orme for over 40 years. 40 years plus of love of good food, of experience, of professional service and most importantly, of offering a warm hospitable welcome to all our diners and residents. With the next generation, Tom Truelove, Neil's son now involved in the business as a partner, we look forward to many years of continued high standards at The Three Acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Three Acres Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Acres Hotel And Restaurant
- 3 Acres Hotel & Restaurant