“It doesn't get any better than this”

Three Acres Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 25 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“It doesn't get any better than this”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We travelled over from Merseyside to have dinner with twelve other guests. The welcome, the food and wine and most of all the staff can't do enough to ensure you have an enjoyable and memorable time. First class, Team 3 Acres

Room Tip: Room One is great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have only been during the day for the lunch menu....love it !! Lovely surroundings, cosy and classy. You don't feel like you are sat close to other people as the tables are situated just the right distance away from other diners. I have been a few times and its a nice treat and not expensive, the food is to die for !! 5 out of 5 !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed with my partner for two nights. We arrived very late on Friday night, had been caught in traffic and the kitchen had just closed however after a quick word from the restaurant manager we put our order in and were really pleased with the food.
I had fillet steak and my partner had the seafood platter. The food was great, fresh, tasty and well presented despite the kitchen staff no doubt wanting to go home!

The bar manager was really friendly and helpful with our wine choice.

Our room was very comfortable and warm, which we were glad of as it was a stormy weekend.
Breakfast on both mornings was great and we couldn't have asked for more help from the staff.

I would recommend for the food and the service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel en le Frith, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband is on a self set quest for delicious pie and he rated the steak, kidney and mushroom pie as one of the best - and I quite agree. It seems kidney has fallen from grace in many pies but it was here, deliciously soft and making a wonderful filling. The dining area we sat in could be described as 'cosy' but if you are a bit nosy you could enjoy many conversations taking place in close proximity!!! (just remember you are also overheard) that said, we did enjoy our visit and will definitely return. The location is great and the staff were lovely and efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosalindG194
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went to the Three Acres and I expected a fantastic meal, however, I really was disappointed. The quality and taste of food v cost is most certainly not on par. I ordered the pate starter which was nice/slightly above average but not worth nearly £11, followed by the duck which the breast was cooked lovely, however, the skin of the confit of leg was really fatty and unappetising. The overall whole dish was tasteless barring salt. I just put it down to a bad dish so I thought id follow by the marmalade pudding which again was nice/average (very small portion) but not worth the money. I'm really disappointed as I would have loved a good experience here but sadly I won't be returning.

• Stayed October 2013
wakefield
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had not been to The Three Acres for some time but we were in the area so it seemed like a good idea to try it for lunch. We were disappointed with our experience and will not be going back. Service was disjointed and innattentive - everyone seemed to be rushing around but I have no idea what they were doing. They certainly didn't provide excellent service, it was difficult to attract their attention at times and my glass had been empty for some time and then I had to find someone to get me another drnk. My wife had a prawn open sandwich and the prawns had not been properly shelled so she kept finding bits of shell in her mouth - not very pleasant. I complained and after the problem had been referred to the chef we received an apology - but nothing else. At the prices this place charges it has to deliver excellence in service and food. It missed the mark for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhar7787
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A local colleague was married here a few years ago, and insisted I spend at least one night during a business trip in May 2013. "The best food in Yorkshire," he said.

Loved the location-- high and windswept-- the ample parking, and the warm welcome. The room was wonderful with lots of light, a very comfortable bed, and a lovely bath. The supper was terrific, a wonderful soup and blood sausage (can't judge the value because my colleague paid); service was friendly and efficient. Slept like a baby and woke to a beautiful dawn through large windows.

Unfortunately I had to leave at 6:30 a.m., and therefore was going to miss breakfast. But the lovely woman setting things up for it would not hear of that. She insisted on packing me up a fresh croissant, some grapes, yogurt, and a few other luscious things in a bag so I could eat on the road.

All in all, I was delighted. Am now trying to make up reasons to return to Yorkshire frequently just so I can stay here as often as possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Durker Roods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam
Heath Cottage Hotel
Heath Cottage Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dewsbury

Been to Three Acres Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!