“Mezze”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
“Mezze”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wanted to go here for a long time to try the food, definately wasnt dissapointed! We tried the mixed mezze which was delicious dips with flat bread and vine leaves and falafel then for mains I tried the lamb shawarama which came with the tastiest rice iv probably ever had, the other half had a mixed grill and loved it. Will definately be going back the guy runnung front of house is probably the most helpful and friendly person working in a restuarant iv ever met, is very small but its not about that isa about the food they serve.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Stmt1985

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Friendly owner, delicious food: try the Arabic coffee.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We called in here for a quick lunch and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and tasty; the service was quick and friendly without being over-attentive and the owner is just lovely. We felt really welcome and had a very relaxing meal The servings were not massive, so if you're hungry you may want to order a couple of dishes instead of just one. Highlight of the meal for me was the cup of Arabic coffee which is delicious and flavoured with cinnamon. There is no alcohol licence, but I believe you can take your own wine.

1 Thank Ruth F
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“At last a decent kebab in Huddersfield”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Since living in Huddersfield the one thing I have missed is a decent Turkish kebab! My wait is over. The husband and wife combo offer delicious fresh Turkish food and are passionate that you enjoy their food. The food is well priced. I had the meze starter and shish kebab. Both were excellent . You can bring your own wine and the couple are on hand to help you enjoy your experience. I shall be going again.

1 Thank AndySherrington
huddersfield
“indulge in a middle eastern delight!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been going to this immaculate restaurant for nearly a year now, Each time I go I have brilliant service. The Owners of the shop are partners and work really well with each other. The place is spotless and I always like the essence of a great ambiance! I have tried various foods from a lamb stew, lamb rice,lamb or chicken wrap,hummous,lamb sharwarma,dolma (stuffed peppers with rice&meat) and honestly they all outweigh each other as they are all amazing.Even the most simplest food like chips are so divine as they are marinated with beautiful Mediterranean spices.The food is always fresh and you can come here with friends,family or even solo! A slight criticism would be I get charged various prices for the exact same food I get every time,so just have a look on menu before ordering. Do not forget to try the herbal tea or arabic tea very nice and refreshing!

2 Thank kanval a
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great food but buyer beware!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have eaten at the Istanbul several times & the food is always fresh, tasty and superbly cooked.
This time we went with four friends & had mixed starters to share including grilled haloumi, humus, aubergine dip & a fish platter - all selected by the owner. We were not given a chance to select our main courses either although the selection brought to table were all excellent.
We took our own wine which is permitted & glasses were provided.
I cannot fault the food however the bill at £99.00 for 6 of us with no drinks was rather steep & no breakdown is ever. Given that the most expensive item on the menu is approx £6.00 for a main course I am not sure where this figure came from!
I am sure we will go again but will be sure to ask to order from the menu & take rather more notice of the cost.

2 Thank JillD09