“What a gem!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating
Leeds, United Kingdom
“What a gem!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Having read good reviews of this place, I was not disappointed. I visited with someone very picky about eateries and I was thrilled. Fantastically friendly service and the food was lush. I can well believe this is by far the best place to eat in Huddersfield

I went for the mixed Meze which was awesome - vegetarians and meat eaters alike have loads of choice. My friend had a lamb shish which he reported was excellent. Fabulous value for money - I just wish I'd left a larger tip.

• Visited June 2012

“Superb food and service!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my wife went for a meal a few weeks ago on a Saturday evening, the food was excellent! We wern't really sure what to order to be honest so we left if to gentleman serving us to suggest a few plates....not dissappointed at all! The food tasted lovely and fresh. I believe we had a hummus special salad which was amazing!! Great friendly service too and really great value.....we will definitely be back soon!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A taste sensation!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I dined here with my partner after hearing many very good reviews in reference to this restaurant. I was certainly not disappointed; this place is just amazing and we were thoroughly impressed! The food is irresistible and boasts great value; you can tell it is very carefully prepared and cooked. We ordered the lamb and rice, vine leaves, stuffed peppers, tzatziki dip and a minced lamb bread-based dish from the Specials Menu. The man that served us whom we assumed was the owner, Schatto, was just lovely. You can really tell this place holds a very special piece of his heart. We asked him how many chefs he has in his kitchen and he introduced us to his lovely wife who does all the cooking herself! Simply lovely and the service is the cherry on the top of a wonderful dining experience. We cannot wait to return soon!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Fiona S
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Delightful.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I went here for lunch last week and the food was absolutely wonderful and beautifully presented. The portions are generous; I didn't have any tea that night! There is an excellent vegetarian selection on the menu, which I appreciate. I was treated to a dish called "burnt fingers", unfortunately I can't remember the name in Arabic. By far the best Middle Eastern restaurant I've been to in a while.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Victoria M
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I went here looking for something different for tea and I wasn't disappointed the gentleman that served us (possibly the owner) was very friendly and helped us make our choices. The food was delicious, the hummus was amazing I would go back just for that alone! The restaurant itself is smallish but the decor is lovely not what you would expect from outside. I will definitely be returning!

3 Thank catdurham1