“Yummy Yummy!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this farm shop for years and years. I have brought my daughter since she was born, the staff have always been friendly and welcoming. It smells of farms- it's got a farm next to it and we are in Yorkshire get over it :D
I always have the same meal and it's always gorgeous. I've had icecream in the summer and that's always yummy. It does get busy though, (as it's so nice)
I would recommend this farm shop and I will keep returning!

2  Thank KellyBrook1989

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We regularly pop into the Dearne Lea, usually for a late breakfast but also for tubs of their wonderful ice cream requested by different friends. Food is always good quality and the staff nice and friendly. If you really want to treat yourself and have a sweet tooth then I highly recommend a slice of their millefeuille cake. It's wonderful - so good that I ordered a full one to tide us over Christmas.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family or friends visit this place every Sunday. We love the home cooked food, the amazingly friendly staff and the most Yummy ice cream ever.
It's suitable for any age, I've taken my friend's 3 year old to see the cows being milked & taken my 83 year old grandma for Sunday lunch, everyone loves it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

No matter how many times we visit this place we never get tired if it. The staff are so chatty, polite and helpful and when a large party if us went they let us use a back room which was great. The chips are gorgeous and the toasties are deep filled. Now for the pudding..... The ice cream is of the best quality, I love a huge apple pie flavour sundae with chocolate orange and rum truffle! Topped with cream! It's extremely calorific but who cares?! On a few occasions I've tried various cakes and puddings and they are of very high quality - I bake alot myself so I'm hard to please in the cake department! I urge you to visit this beautiful old fashioned tea rooms, what ever your age you will love it and will become regular visitors like us!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I go to to Dearne Lea a lot. They do a great Sunday lunch and we took my mother here for her 95th birthday as she loves the place! Yes, there are farm smells but it is a working farm so to be expected! The ice cream is superb and we always take some away with us as we never buy supermarket ice cream now as it just isn't the same. When we went for a family Sunday lunch in June, I gave them a few days notice that my daughter was vegan and the cook came up with a really delicious vegan meal which my daugher said was better than many of the specialist vegan meals she had had in London.