“Delicious home made/cooked food; Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Crossroads Inn - CLOSED

Crossroads Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: We are a traditional country pub serving fresh food sourced from local suppliers. We offer a fantastic Sunday carvery as well as a range of a la carte, vegetarian and children menus. Our specials board is not to be missed!
London
“Delicious home made/cooked food; Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My family and I ate here recently; Age ranging from 26 through to mid 50s and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food. We were informed that it's all home made (even the Belgian Chocolate Torte!) The vegetables were not overcooked and all arrived in a timely manner. Overall the food was absolutely fantastic.

My only minor complaints were in relation to the dated and boring interior/decor, the music was targetted at middle-aged plus and that the waiter kept calling me "Sir" - though I suppose that's more of a personal thing.

After the meal we had a very nice chat with the owners/management who're lovely people and very open to conversation and feedback.

Would highly recommend eating here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jasondunbar

“Nice food, not family friendly!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family and I recently went for an easy, local dinner.

The food and service was fine to good. The food has greatly improved from previous owners!

Mid way through dinner our daughter needed a new nappy. When I asked about changing facilities I was told there were none! The toilet floor was really quite dirty, totally not acceptable for a baby! I chose not to change her.

When we paid I spoke with the proprietor and informed him it was an oversight, he replied 'it was one of those things' .

We won't be returning and they shouldn't print families welcome on their signs.

• Visited September 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“good, handy place to have locally.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

we booked for 23 people (big family) and most of us chose from the carvery (also a childrens carvery portions) The food was excellent with a choice of meats, generous portions and a good selection of starters and desserts. Definitely a place to visit again.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grat Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were told it was under new management so gave it a go.Four of us went for a birthday meal,two had carvery ,two a la carte.All the meals were very good in fact so good we have been again If going Sunday lunch book in advance as word is getting around

Pescia, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Yorkshire Food in Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

While on a visit to friends in Huddersfield I went out with them to the Crossroads Inn New Mill. The food really was of a very high quality and the taste was great I had steak and ale pie. My friends said they also had a great meal. Staff very friendly and helpful. Try it you will like it.