“Return visit”

Ranked #123 of 514 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Visited this pub Dec 2012 with 15 friends and it was terrible. We have since found out the pub was taken over. We had a fantastic night aug 31st 2013 and what a difference two people can do to improve the pub. Well done guys carry on the good work and keep on saying no problem. ( saying of the night). We will be back once again that's for sure.

Dom D, General Manager at The Beaumont Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Not a problem !!

Always a pleasure.
Dom and Amanda

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went for a meal last Saturday with the whole family. This place ticks every box. We had a great welcome from Dom, the Landlord, on arrival, and were made to feel at home straight away. It's got a super selection of real ales, and the food was great. Everyone in our party rated the food very highly, and importantly, Dom made a real fuss of the children so they really enjoyed it. Before the recent takeover, the food was always first class, but not cheap. Now the food is still first class, and offers great value too. I had the Mixed Grill which was a real plateful! If you're looking for a place for a decent, value for money meal, or just somewhere for a great pint, look no further!

Many thanks for taking the time for your review of The Beaumont Arms. All comments are taken gracefully and we see to it that they stay positive. Thanks again and see you soon.
Dom and the team

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We decided to try the pub again after a couple of years away. It was operated by the same team for many years who in my view unfortunately made a mistake by hiring a different chef who produced a somewhat pretentious menu which, to compound the mistake, was more expensively priced. Hitherto, we had enjoyed good food, reasonably priced, and with very good service.

We decided at that stage not to go again, (as I suspect did many previous regular diners) and that team eventually left. However, we saw a lot of poor reviews in relation to the incoming team, but when the management changed again the reporting improved, so we thought we would try again. This was a mistake on our part.

My wife's satay chicken starter was okay. I chose breaded camembert and it was very poor. There were two very small pieces of camembert but the problem was that it was accompanied by an indeterminate brown substance which was rock hard - I showed the server that it could be barely penetrated when I hacked at it with my knife.

Both my wife and I chose the sirloin steak. Unfortunately, the meat was tasteless and neither of us finished. I suppose the counter argument will be that one gets what one pays for and at roughly £8.50, this is bound to be reflected in the quality. It did seem too good to be true, and inevitably it was.

The local market will stand a bit more for a good sirloin and I would rather pay a bit more and enjoy the meat.

It is a real shame about this pub. It has a lovely setting, particularly in the summer months, surrounded by mature trees and very nice floral displays. Food of course is very subjective, but our experience was very poor by comparison with the restaurant in its heyday.

We felt very sorry for the server. As far as we can see, she was having to deal on her own with those dining together with customers drinking at the bar. In relation to our complaints, our server said that she had told the chef, but there was no response as such.

Finally, and in the interests of balance, our bill was discounted. We were not charged for either starter or the sauce we had with the steaks. That is fair enough, but I would rather the food were improved. Even with the discounted bill, our evening was spoiled.

Some previous reviewers have used the term "amazing" - well, sorry to those concerned, but there was nothing "amazing" about our visit; completely the contrary, I'm afraid.

1  Thank MadeiraLover75
Dom D, General Manager at The Beaumont Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello. Firstly I would like to thank you for your comments. We take all of our customers' comments seriously and look into what may have happened or indeed commend the staff of great service.

We believe your sauce for the Camembert in which you ordered was indeed very over done. Chef apologizes for that mistake. He has assured me that it won't happen again.

In reference to your sirloin steaks, unfortunately we are unable to do much about the taste. I have however had words with the supplier and so we will see what happens from there.

It would be very sad to not see you again for a meal, so I ask you for your return to try again. If you feel the same way after your meal as you did the first time, it will be on us!!

I hope you can understand and once again we apologize for your visit at The Beaumont Arms.

Kind regards.
Dominic, Amanda & the team.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

poor portions,sweet burnt chips(red potatoes),not as described on menu.
Whoever is cooking they have no Chef skills,will not be using again.

Dom D, General Manager at The Beaumont Arms, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hi. We are extremely sorry to hear about this. The potato's we use are locally sourced white potato's as most of our food on the menu is locally sourced. May I ask what you had from the menu and what differed from your meal. We would love for you to come back and try again. This is clearly a one off incident that should not have happened. As I said before, we are really sorry you didn't enjoy your visit but are thankful for your comments.

Kind regards.
Dom. Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2013

we had a beautiful meal in the Beaumont Arms Kirkheaton ,the landlord and landlady said that they had not been there very long, the food was amazing and was good value for your money. good portions, they are a very nice couple by the time we left we were on first name terms with them. we have never had such attention as we did from Dom and Amanda they were polite and their friendliness was fantastic we will be going back again and we wish them all the best for their future, well done.

Ahh Mr and Mrs Adams. It was a pleasure to meet you both. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit and listened to a few of my bad jokes ;)
As we said to you when we met, the menu is new and so are the idea's we have put into place. There is much much more to come in the coming months. We look forward to seeing you both again.
Kindest regards.