“Rubbish”

Ranked #81 of 526 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to Beaumont Arms very disappointing soon as we walked in felt very unwelcoming, ordered a jd and coke they didn't have it so asked for a fruity cider they didn't have that either so ended up with pear. It felt more like a drinking pub than eating I felt so uncomfortable I didn't order any food and didn't finish my drink won't be going there again ended up at the hare and hounds top class.

Domanda7476, General Manager at The Beaumont Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Hello. Bank holiday Monday was a very busy day. I have to agree that there was no reason for there not being any ice as the ice machine was working, but I am told that it was not filling as fast as it was being used. The no JD situation or no mixed fruit drink had in fact sold out. We anticipated a busy weekend but clearly it wasn't enough to cope with the volume of people, probably because of the fair also. We had the 2 busiest days serving food as full meals as well as bar snacks than we have had so far since taking over as managers. We are indeed a food pub but giving the beautiful day we had there were a lot of drinkers out enjoying it too. I would like to put your experience right by inviting both you and your husband back to The Beaumont Arms for a complimentary meal. I will ensure JD is in stock.
Once again, my sincere apologies for your visit, but hope to see you again soon.
Kindest regards
Dom. Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have visited the Beaumont Arms many times over the years but the last two visits, over the last month have been a huge disappointment. We visited both times during the evening for some real ale and on both occasions we felt that as customers we were a complete nuisance. The landlord was clearly more interested in sitting and watching the football. We were served in such as hurry without any basic pleasantries. Similarly, on the second visit the bar-maid was more interested in talking to her friends at the bar and there was a complete lack of engagement with customers. The place was virtually empty unlike previous times when it has been buzzing and thriving. Such a shame. I won't be visiting again until there is a new landlord.

O_Chefe, Manager at The Beaumont Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hi. Sorry about your last visit to the Beaumont Arms. My name is Dominic and I am the new landlord of the pub. We are making some huge changes to the Beaumont in the next few weeks. New menu, new idea's and of course, new management. My wife and I can personally guarantee you a greeting with a great service and smile.
We hope you would like to come and try again. We are winning this one, but It will take a short while to be perfect.
Cheers for reading this.
Dom, Manager :)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We used to vist the Beaumont Arms on a regular basis, but after our last experience we will not be going back until it has new owners/tennants. This pub and restaurant have gone down hill quicky - what an earth has happened to the lovely Manager and Staff. The food was not up to the standard we had been used to and like the previous reviewer says it is more like a Transport Cafe - such a shame.

I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant visit at the Beaumont Arms. My name is Dominic and I am the newly appointed manager for the pub. I guarantee lots of smiles and conversation if you pop in again. My wife and I have some major changes happening soon, hoping to right a few previously made wrongs @ the kirkstile...
Please do come down again soon and have a try of our new menu!
Many Thanks and hope to see you soon,
Dom. (manager)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We live in the village which the Beaumont Arms is our local and have had several meals and enjoyed them no end. We have had our Chrismass party also twice and nothing has been too much trouble till now. This pub has gone down hill since been taken over the chef is a very fowl mouthed person who can not take a complaint well. The lady who served us was also very bad mannerd and the food was just like a transport cafe. We had heard the pub was not as good but in the short pace of time these people have been in I found it hard to believe that they could destroy the place. We had a table for 14 booked to eat at 8pm we got our starters just before 9pm our main at 9.40 and because was complained we were told that if we wanted our desserts we had to pay for the meal. We were also thretened with the police. I am sorry that this is the standard of such a fantastic pub in the past we will not be attending or even recomending this pub any more. I was totaly upset by it all. Lord Dublin was in our party and I was ashamed to subject him to such rubbish.

1  Thank Hudds B T T

First of all, may I take the opportunity to apologise for my failing predecessor.
It sounds like you had an absolute nightmare!!

My name is Dom and my wife (Amanda) and I have recently taken over the pub. We have developed a brand new menu and are absolutely dedicated to getting the Kirkstile back on track; and back to its former glory!! - In order to do this though we will need all the support we can get!

I hope you can one day come down and sample the new menu, I can personally promise you won't be disappointed - new menu, great food, superb ale and service with a smile!

Hope to see you soon,
Dom & Amanda

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visited this charming local pub once again, had saturday lunch there taken from the sandwich menu, goodness what a plateful had a sirloin sandwich it came with home cooked chips coleslaw and onion rings all delicious needed a bigger plate! Would recommend a visit.