“What has happened?”

Ranked #136 of 522 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We used to vist the Beaumont Arms on a regular basis, but after our last experience we will not be going back until it has new owners/tennants. This pub and restaurant have gone down hill quicky - what an earth has happened to the lovely Manager and Staff. The food was not up to the standard we had been used to and like the previous reviewer says it is more like a Transport Cafe - such a shame.

O_Chefe, Manager at The Beaumont Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant visit at the Beaumont Arms. My name is Dominic and I am the newly appointed manager for the pub. I guarantee lots of smiles and conversation if you pop in again. My wife and I have some major changes happening soon, hoping to right a few previously made wrongs @ the kirkstile...
Please do come down again soon and have a try of our new menu!
Many Thanks and hope to see you soon,
Dom. (manager)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We live in the village which the Beaumont Arms is our local and have had several meals and enjoyed them no end. We have had our Chrismass party also twice and nothing has been too much trouble till now. This pub has gone down hill since been taken over the chef is a very fowl mouthed person who can not take a complaint well. The lady who served us was also very bad mannerd and the food was just like a transport cafe. We had heard the pub was not as good but in the short pace of time these people have been in I found it hard to believe that they could destroy the place. We had a table for 14 booked to eat at 8pm we got our starters just before 9pm our main at 9.40 and because was complained we were told that if we wanted our desserts we had to pay for the meal. We were also thretened with the police. I am sorry that this is the standard of such a fantastic pub in the past we will not be attending or even recomending this pub any more. I was totaly upset by it all. Lord Dublin was in our party and I was ashamed to subject him to such rubbish.

1  Thank Hudds B T T

First of all, may I take the opportunity to apologise for my failing predecessor.
It sounds like you had an absolute nightmare!!

My name is Dom and my wife (Amanda) and I have recently taken over the pub. We have developed a brand new menu and are absolutely dedicated to getting the Kirkstile back on track; and back to its former glory!! - In order to do this though we will need all the support we can get!

I hope you can one day come down and sample the new menu, I can personally promise you won't be disappointed - new menu, great food, superb ale and service with a smile!

Hope to see you soon,
Dom & Amanda

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visited this charming local pub once again, had saturday lunch there taken from the sandwich menu, goodness what a plateful had a sirloin sandwich it came with home cooked chips coleslaw and onion rings all delicious needed a bigger plate! Would recommend a visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I have reviewed the Beaumont Arms before but feel compelled to do so again. This is a hidden secret just out of kirkheaton village and so I hope it does not get swarmed or even worse turn into one if those horrendous £5 2 for 1 pubs.
This is proper food , cooked to order without fault . Everything is excellently prepared and the landlord , Peter cannot be more helpful. It is true that the inside is a bit tired and bare floorboards would be a real boost but for the best food without dusting off your black credit card this is the best food this side of the 3 Acres

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The choice of food is varied and the food is presented well and tasty. but the dining area is in desperate need of an update. think rovers return circa 1980. The outside area weather permitting is pleasant