“Lovely meal”

Hinchliffe's Restaurant
Ranked #242 of 516 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Following a fire which destroyed the old property, Hinchliffes Farm Shop & Restaurant are currently at home in a fabulous temporary building with amazing views over the beautiful local countryside. With a large decking area for outdoor dining this ever popular venue is looking forward to a new purpose built home to be built in the near future, meanwhile enjoying serving top quality food in it's stunning and contemporary surroundings.Large free car park and easy wheelchair access.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went for a meal last Sunday lunchtime at Hinchcliffes restaurant with 3 other adults and my granddaughter aged 6. I had the salmon and crayfish ciabatta with salad and chips, which was delicious and such a large plateful that my husband had to finish it for me! My son in law had a steak sandwich and my daughter had a bacon and brie ciabatta which we all really enjoyed. My husband ordered a chicken and cashew ciabatta, which actually was chicken and walnut instead but he enjoyed that too. The service was excellent and friendly. The view over the fields was very nice too. My granddaughter enjoyed seeing all the animals nearby.

1  Thank NorfolkTish

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I simply can not write in words what a great place this is! Hinchcliff's are responsible for making the pork pie wedding cake for my wedding in July, the pork pies that we ate on my stag do and the meal I had for my birthday in September.

I have not been to a farm shop that sells such good wine, meat and pies....along with all other ingredients to make a truly spectacular feast, Hinchliffe's is like a restaurant, bar, coffee shop and deli all rolled into one!

My favoured things on the menu have been a crab salad with a mango salsa, the mighty burger or steak.....if you like steak, then this is the place to come, omg it is great!

I normally visit on a Sunday, but have also been many times to the restaurant at night, what looks like a farm from the distance is really a great place to also visit at night!

If you like animals or have children that do it makes a lovely place to take them. The goats are so cute, and the little pigs make me laugh...I could possibly get in with them if I could!

Thank you for the wedding pie and all the great meals....I shall be there again soon!

3  Thank Donners79
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Took my mother (84) for lunch today as we were in the area.
Waitress needs to smile & be welcoming.
Why must waiter annoyingly refer to us as "You Guys" all the time?
Food was very mediocre, Mum asked for brown bread instead of ciabatta as too filling & it arrived in a huge brown breadcake. Waitress agreed it wasn't as expected but said chef very temperamental!
Looked out for evidence of "Management" to have a quiet word, but never spotted anyone in the vicinity throughout the 90 minute stay.

2  Thank Mike W
TheTeam2012, Manager at Hinchliffe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Sir

I was very sorry to hear of your experience on your last visit to Hinchliffe's Restaurant.

There was no excuse for the unfriendly welcome you received and this is not up to our usual standards as we do pride ourselves on being a friendly destination.

As for the sandwich, we do offer meal size portions with chunky chips and Ciabatta bread on our Gourmet Sandwich platters but for those who prefer a smaller plateful we also offer Classic Sandwiches on bread and without chips. I am sorry that this wasn't pointed out to you when you ordered as it sounds as though it would have been the perfect choice for your mother.

Please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience as we would like to invite you back for a return visit on us, by way of an apology. We feel sure that we can restore your faith in our venue and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Joanna
(Manager)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had enjoyed several meals at Hinchliffe's and decided to ask them to cater our wedding party at our home this summer. We could not fault any part of what they did - it was perfect. From the moment they took time to sit with us in the restaurant over a coffee and agree our menu, until the moment they came and cleared away every last plate, fork and knife the day after the party, they could not have done more. The food was incredible - salmon, beef, a 'wedding cake' style pork pie, salads, bread... Many of our party guests said it was the best food they had ever eaten at a party. They came to our home, set up, served drinks and canapes and made our guests feel incredibly special, while simultaneously making our wedding party feel like a real occasion. Joanna and Tim were so friendly and professional. When they reassured us that we did not need to worry about a thing, they meant it. We felt looked after at every stage of the evening, as well as before and after it. The whole experience was excellent value for money, and they listened to all our requests, however large or small. Since the party, we have returned often to Hinchliffe's for meals and to visit the shop. They welcome us personally, and even know our dog by name! We could not have asked for more, and will certainly call on them again. HIGHLY recommended for a restaurant visit, and any outside catering you can think of. The ultimate in professional, perfect catering.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am and have been a regular visitor to Hinchliffe's restaurant and farm shop for many years and have always been a big fan, however, at my most recent trip, the Hinchliffe's team took my dining experience to a whole new level!

The parfait which I started with was simply perfect and rivalled any such starter I have eaten in some of the countries "top restaurants." Accompanied by a glass of the establishment's house wine (unbelievable value), I was off to the great start. My guests were having an equally marvellous time too with their crab and mango salads. The portioning was just right, the flavours were clean and balanced and the service was friendly, yet efficient.......it's clear to see that the new chef is a borderline genius and has brought a real sense of accomplishment to the already wonderful restaurant.

My only criticism of Hinchliffe's is that their beef is so good, I can't bring myself to order anything else. Needless to say, when my roast beef arrived I was in heaven. You hear a lot about "pasture to plate" cultures in restaurants, but Hinchliffe's really do it and they do it magnificently! My guests opted for alternative dishes; the beef burger looks amazing, as did the fish and chips. Everyone was delighted as we enjoyed the food and the great, rural setting.

After lunch we went into the farm shop - a must for anyone who knows quality! The butchers display is something of a work of art and the knowledgeable and friendly service from the staff make the shopping experience a pleasure.

I can't visit Hinchliffe's without taking away a few of their award winning pork pies - they are not only the best pies I've ever eaten, but one of the best things I've ever eaten. I became aware of them when the farm and it's pies were featured on BBC 1's "The One Show" and I've never been disappointed.

All in all, as I'm sure you can tell, I can't say a bad word about this place. The quality is consistently high, the service is perfect and I can't think of a place I'd rather spend an afternoon or evening.

Hinchliffe's team, please keep it up!!! well done!!!