“Dissapointed”

Hinchliffe's Restaurant
Ranked #222 of 576 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Following a fire which destroyed the old property, Hinchliffes Farm Shop & Restaurant are currently at home in a fabulous temporary building with amazing views over the beautiful local countryside. With a large decking area for outdoor dining this ever popular venue is looking forward to a new purpose built home to be built in the near future, meanwhile enjoying serving top quality food in it's stunning and contemporary surroundings.Large free car park and easy wheelchair access.
Leeds
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Took my mother (84) for lunch today as we were in the area.
Waitress needs to smile & be welcoming.
Why must waiter annoyingly refer to us as "You Guys" all the time?
Food was very mediocre, Mum asked for brown bread instead of ciabatta as too filling & it arrived in a huge brown breadcake. Waitress agreed it wasn't as expected but said chef very temperamental!
Looked out for evidence of "Management" to have a quiet word, but never spotted anyone in the vicinity throughout the 90 minute stay.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mike W
TheTeam2012, Manager at Hinchliffe's Restaurant, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Sir

I was very sorry to hear of your experience on your last visit to Hinchliffe's Restaurant.

There was no excuse for the unfriendly welcome you received and this is not up to our usual standards as we do pride ourselves on being a friendly destination.

As for the sandwich, we do offer meal size portions with chunky chips and Ciabatta bread on our Gourmet Sandwich platters but for those who prefer a smaller plateful we also offer Classic Sandwiches on bread and without chips. I am sorry that this wasn't pointed out to you when you ordered as it sounds as though it would have been the perfect choice for your mother.

Please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience as we would like to invite you back for a return visit on us, by way of an apology. We feel sure that we can restore your faith in our venue and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Joanna
(Manager)

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Outside Catering - Phenomenal!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had enjoyed several meals at Hinchliffe's and decided to ask them to cater our wedding party at our home this summer. We could not fault any part of what they did - it was perfect. From the moment they took time to sit with us in the restaurant over a coffee and agree our menu, until the moment they came and cleared away every last plate, fork and knife the day after the party, they could not have done more. The food was incredible - salmon, beef, a 'wedding cake' style pork pie, salads, bread... Many of our party guests said it was the best food they had ever eaten at a party. They came to our home, set up, served drinks and canapes and made our guests feel incredibly special, while simultaneously making our wedding party feel like a real occasion. Joanna and Tim were so friendly and professional. When they reassured us that we did not need to worry about a thing, they meant it. We felt looked after at every stage of the evening, as well as before and after it. The whole experience was excellent value for money, and they listened to all our requests, however large or small. Since the party, we have returned often to Hinchliffe's for meals and to visit the shop. They welcome us personally, and even know our dog by name! We could not have asked for more, and will certainly call on them again. HIGHLY recommended for a restaurant visit, and any outside catering you can think of. The ultimate in professional, perfect catering.

• Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant,in every way, as always”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am and have been a regular visitor to Hinchliffe's restaurant and farm shop for many years and have always been a big fan, however, at my most recent trip, the Hinchliffe's team took my dining experience to a whole new level!

The parfait which I started with was simply perfect and rivalled any such starter I have eaten in some of the countries "top restaurants." Accompanied by a glass of the establishment's house wine (unbelievable value), I was off to the great start. My guests were having an equally marvellous time too with their crab and mango salads. The portioning was just right, the flavours were clean and balanced and the service was friendly, yet efficient.......it's clear to see that the new chef is a borderline genius and has brought a real sense of accomplishment to the already wonderful restaurant.

My only criticism of Hinchliffe's is that their beef is so good, I can't bring myself to order anything else. Needless to say, when my roast beef arrived I was in heaven. You hear a lot about "pasture to plate" cultures in restaurants, but Hinchliffe's really do it and they do it magnificently! My guests opted for alternative dishes; the beef burger looks amazing, as did the fish and chips. Everyone was delighted as we enjoyed the food and the great, rural setting.

After lunch we went into the farm shop - a must for anyone who knows quality! The butchers display is something of a work of art and the knowledgeable and friendly service from the staff make the shopping experience a pleasure.

I can't visit Hinchliffe's without taking away a few of their award winning pork pies - they are not only the best pies I've ever eaten, but one of the best things I've ever eaten. I became aware of them when the farm and it's pies were featured on BBC 1's "The One Show" and I've never been disappointed.

All in all, as I'm sure you can tell, I can't say a bad word about this place. The quality is consistently high, the service is perfect and I can't think of a place I'd rather spend an afternoon or evening.

Hinchliffe's team, please keep it up!!! well done!!!

• Visited July 2013
Huddersfield
“Great Surprise”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had been given gift vouchers, otherwise we would not have thought to visit Hinchliffe's. We both chose a gourmet sandwich for lunch - hot beef (brisket), and smoked bacon and brie. The sandwiches (in ciabatta) came with proper chips, home made coleslaw and salad, and were the equivalent of a full main course. I've read other comments saying that the restaurant is overpriced, but, on the basis of our visit, these sandwiches were excellent value. Neither of us could remember having a better 'quality' sandwich. The wine did seem a bit pricey, but was good. The restaurant is spacious with friendly staff, and, overall, seemed very family friendly, with lots of young children around. There is a small area on site, with animals such as goats, horses and pigs, which is also good for youngsters. There is a farm shop adjacent to the restaurant, which is also interesting.

• Visited August 2013
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Still great food but very pricey!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went as I have not been for a while. The food was very nice as usual but the portion sizes are a disgrace.

I ordered a Ploughman's and was amazed at receiving half a small pork pie and very slim shavings of ham. I appreciate good food but to pay £11.50 for such a meagre portion goes beyond what I expect.

I hope that they take this as constructive criticism and go back to what made them a great local eatery.

• Visited July 2013