“Expensive and cold!”

Hinchliffe's Restaurant
Ranked #260 of 573 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Following a fire which destroyed the old property, Hinchliffes Farm Shop & Restaurant are currently at home in a fabulous temporary building with amazing views over the beautiful local countryside. With a large decking area for outdoor dining this ever popular venue is looking forward to a new purpose built home to be built in the near future, meanwhile enjoying serving top quality food in it's stunning and contemporary surroundings.Large free car park and easy wheelchair access.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Expensive and cold!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a large temporary building with a good atmosphere. However it was chilly to say the least when I visited for lunch with a friend.
I had Eggs Benedict ( or rather Egg Benedict) which was spoiled by the fact that the sauce was completely cold and hence the rest of it was only lukewarm.
This is an expensive place to eat and the service was rather lacking too so I think it is unlikely I shall return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Susan E

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Sunday Breakfast - not such a special treat”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sunday breakfast here should have been, for us, a special treat, after all it's not cheap. Unfortunately, despite only a couple of tables being occupied when we ordered the food took a long time to arrive (30-25 minutes). One order was wrong, one (for just toast) forgotten and the 2 full breakfasts were, at best, tepid. Sorry but I like my food hot!!

We weren't asked if everything was OK 'til we paid and when i mentioned the food was cold I was told (quite abruptly) that I should have said something earlier. Perhaps I should but 1) they did ask and 2) I wasn't prepared to wait another 20 minutes for more food.

For what we paid I don't think we had value for money.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Planningmyhols
“Quality really matters here!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

In life - "You get what you pay for"

At Hinchliffe's its true. Things are slightly pricey, but with justifiable reason!!

This is rural England - don't be in a hurry. Its worth the wait!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Just had to say that we go to hinchliffes's often and love the food and the staff . I never miss a chance to go ! Will be going Saturday lunch taking my family knowing they will love it as much as us

“Yummy delicious home made food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

If you love gourmet food then this place is right for you, great service and home produced meat. The burgers are to die for and lovely outside seating for the summer.